Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia

Attachments

• Screenshot (185).png
    Screenshot (185).png
    333.5 KB · Views: 268
You? Hornady? What has this world come to?:D

No intent to shoot the messenger but I was under the impression Hornady DG bullets and ammo were written off quite a while ago.

No intent to shoot the messenger but I was under the impression Hornady DG bullets and ammo were written off quite a while ago.

Practice ammo/brass donor.

That price is less than the cost of components!

:)

Practice ammo/brass donor.

That price is less than the cost of components!

:)

@tarbe is right on the money. a box of 20 pieces of Hornady 500 NE brass is $79 on Midway and this is live ammunition with the same brass for $80! ill use this stuff for practice and then reload the brass with either Swift A-frames or Woodliegh Hydro's for hunting.

-matt

@tarbe is right on the money. a box of 20 pieces of Hornady 500 NE brass is $79 on Midway and this is live ammunition with the same brass for $80! ill use this stuff for practice and then reload the brass with either Swift A-frames or Woodliegh Hydro's for hunting.

-matt

You guys got bigger balls than I. :eek: Hornady ammo or components, varmints and deer, yes, DG not a chance. :p YMMV.

You guys got bigger balls than I. :eek: Hornady ammo or components, varmints and deer, yes, DG not a chance. :p YMMV.

been using Hornady brass for years without trouble. now ive never been overly impressed with Hornady bullets but the new bonded DGX might be decent (waiting to see reports).

-matt

Great tip, thanks. I bought the last 6 boxes they had.

For me, Hornady is practice ammo. I use Federal and Woodleigh when the going gets tough, but Hornady in .500 NE, at $80 a box, is a bargain for training, and in a pinch the solids have always proven reliable for me.

Hornady makes decent brass and a good number of of old doubles are shooting because of that. Its not Lapua or Norma ito consistency, neck wall thickness and all that, but that is of no concern in a big bore.

Regarding bullets I agree. 87gr 6mm and 50gr .224 V-max for Vervet monkeys, Banoons and Jackal is as far as I go with their bullets

I know the old dgx had bad reviews but were there much bad reviews on the dgs?

I know the old dgx had bad reviews but were there much bad reviews on the dgs?

ive seen a few pics of the DGS bending and/or warping on heavy bones. it probably depends on the caliber and weight of the bullet. but then again ive seen pictures of Barnes solids bending as well.

300gr .375" and 400gr .416" bullets have a nasty habit of bending regardless of bullet design because they are so long and thin. you wont see as much bending on .458" and 474" bullets and id be pretty surprised if you found any bending on .500"+ bullets.

-matt

Darn, Out of Stock. Wish I would have seen this sooner. Would love to get practice ammo for $80/box

Thanks for the heads up anyway

-matt

As i thought you would.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.30.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.30.19 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.30.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.30.21 AM.png
    795.4 KB · Views: 210
That product recall is for a single lot number in a different caliber altogether, over 4 years ago. Not sure how that applies to this particular deal?

That product recall is for a single lot number in a different caliber altogether, over 4 years ago. Not sure how that applies to this particular deal?

Just noting the dark side of factory ammo for DG, especially Hornady. Personally I would NEVER use factory ammo on DG. YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,