Heading Back - South Africa, Zimbabwe

MMAL

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
So once again the family has jumped on board to head back to Africa. What started as a family trip to the Rocky Mountains and a Dude Ranch has turned into an African Safari, including a good friend and his kids and just for the record, I am not complaining one bit.

The nine of us will be heading to Limcroma in South Africa for six days to start. I meet Aart at the SCI show in Jan. The combination of Limcroma's stellar reviews on AH, where they are located in the Limpopo region, and pricing made it an easy choice. After my first safari in Namibia in 2016, I learned that you take from Africa what it gives you, so no real list for Limcroma. My daughter, son and I will look and hunt old mature everything.

From Limcroma we head to a non-hunting venue of Ant Hill for four days. http://www.ridingsouthafrica.com/ (they actually do hunt the 23,000 preserve but you have to rent the whole place with a group. This was not an option, this trip) The place looks awesome has it has the horseback riding the family wanted but with the added bonus of riding horses on a photo safari. Check out their video, if it is half as good as the video we will all have a great time.

After Ant Hill, I am sending them all home and meeting another buddy in Jo'berg to fly to Zimbabwe and hunt for 7 days with Mbalabala Safaris, Lindon Stanton for Buffalo and some other plains game. Again primarily from reviews here on AH and in meeting with his partner Tinie Kok at SCI. Mbalabala has many areas but new this year is they are sharing the quota for the Makuti Safari Area in the Zambezi Valley. (they share it with CMS Safaris and Buzz Charlton) The Makuti area is hard to find on a map but it is effectively half of the Hurungwe Safari Area. (This is as best I can tell). As Tinie stated and Buzz stated on another website (not to be mentioned) "We operated Makuti for several years and is one of my favourite hunting areas. Once off the black top road it is as wild as any area in Zim. It has excellent buff sable and leopard."

Only hesitation is that the area WAS known for a high rate of African Sleeping Sickness. Thus I will report on my trip, that is unless I am asleep.

Ant's is an incredible reserve. One of my school associates properties is within the reserve. He shared a Rhino darting session that included a horse back pursuit of the Rhino after darting. That ride was not for the faint of heart.

I hope you all have a great time. As always, pictures and long story of the entire adventure is expected. :)

Wow, you have a great trip lined up!! We look forward to the reports and pics! You will have a great time with Mbalabala!

MMAL WHAT AN AWESOME TRIP THAT IS GOING TO BE!
How great to spend time with family and friends in the outdoors!
Please share as much of your trip as you can with us.

Seems like quite an adventure, wish you the best !

Man this sounds like a great trip. ENJOY!

Wow! Have fun

Looks like this will be a great African adventure and something you and your family will have fond memories for the rest of your life. Looking forward to the report!

Looking forward to the report. This sounds like the beginning of an epic trip. I'm sure there will be some great memories made with the family. Take plenty of pics!
Bruce

Fantastic! Look forward to the report!

Packed and ready. SAA from JFK to Joberg tomorrow. Can't really believe I will be in Africa for 21 days. I didn't take that long off for my honeymoon. Report to follow.

21 days!!! Oh my envy pain is hurting! Can’t wait for the pictures and report!
Have a GRAND adventure!

Great outfit and you will enjoy hunting with Lindon.
I hunted elephant with Tinie in 2016.
Makuti is a fabulous area...very hilly and rugged..dry...litsa Ellie's too.
The Great North road from Harare to Chirundu..not far after Karoi, the turn off to Kariba Lake on the left is MAKUTI.
There is a nice Hotel and pub there.
Carrying on with the Great North road you get the Zambezi escarpment which drops rapidly down into the valley, passed the Mana Pools turn off and heads on to the Chirundu border post and crosses INTO Zambia.
Have a great hunt....

Have a great trip have fun take lots of pictures and write a hunting report we all can dream about.

MMAL, how did this trip go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.