Headed to Limpopo in 1.5 weeks

112Savage

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hello all, I’ve been lurking for the past 5 years on here. My research started in 2016 when my father wanted a 350 Rem Mag but I talked him into the CZ550FS in 9.3x62. Since then he won and gifted my brother another 9.3x62 CZ550 and I bought my own Zastava left handed 9.3x62.
I have taken groundhogs, deer, and elk with my rifle and finally it’s time to go to Africa.

I had Hammer bullets out of Montana make me a solid copper bullet after my 250gr AB failed to exit my elk at 397yds when started at 2605fps. I’m shooting this 258gr “shock hammer” at 2600fps from a 22” barrel with CFE223. It has proven extremely accurate and deadly with easy load development.
My wife will accompany me, and I will be hunting with Adansonia Safaris in Limpopo for plains game starting May 30th. I will try to take descriptive notes and photos and do a full report back here once I’m done. Thanks to everyone who unknowingly contributed to my growing love of all things related to Africa hunting.
The photos are of my rifle and the first animal ever killed with the custom bullet, and a bullet expansion test from 250yds into water jugs.

380BEB4E-CAC6-4587-BD73-F51D93600E47.jpeg
9EB2F7C1-A0B1-4C87-9A78-05145B2F0ACD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to participating on AH! It’s more fun.
Have a good time in Limpopo

Welcome to the dark side, good luck and shoot straight on your upcoming safari. Will be watching for your report

Welcome to AH 112Savage! Nice to have you on the posting side and looking forward to having you share your hunt with us upon your return. Have a fantastic time in Africa!

Welcome aboard! Have a great trip!

Welcome! I will be following you at the end of June to Limpopo for a second buffalo and some plains game.

Giday 112Savage and welcome to the A H forums. Have a great first hunt

Good luck , a great adventure awaits you

112Savage, welcome! Looking forward to your report. I have a bud who really likes Hammer bullets. I’m interested to hear how they perform for you. Please post them in the bullet performance thread and have a grand adventure!

Welcome welcome welcome

"Welcome to AH! If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome to AH!
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, email henry@riflepermits.com.

Hello 112Savage,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH!

Have a great time. Ask lots of questions and take a good camera. Btw, don't overpack.

Welcome to AH, and wish you the best in Limpopo.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross