Headed back to South Africa..........

Matrix

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Limpopo, Canada, Virginia, USA, Ohio, USA, North Carolina, USA, South Carolina, USA
So....to say I'm scrambling is an understatement! I get a call Tuesday afternoon from PH and my 2018 Cape Buffalo hunt for August with Limcroma Safaris has been bumped up to April!! That's right April....58 days 2hrs till wheels up for Joburg. I've been planning this for two years so I'm ready but....I'm not ready! LOL
I have got A LOT of work to do in as short time!

So I have a question for you. Did you ask Limcroma if they had an earlier time slot for you? Surely they didn't just arbitrarily change your hunt dates?
Good luck and have fun.
Bruce

No of course they didn't just change the date on me. But they did call and recommend for various reasons to move the date up. I of course approved the change but its still a far cry from August and I wasn't planning on that but....I wont guide the guide and I trust there judgement. I have hunted with the multiple times in the past and they have been nothing but top notch. I will be ready regardless.....the time frame just changed

Good luck and I hope it all goes smooth for you

No of course they didn't just change the date on me. But they did call and recommend for various reasons to move the date up. I of course approved the change but its still a far cry from August and I wasn't planning on that but....I wont guide the guide and I trust there judgement. I have hunted with the multiple times in the past and they have been nothing but top notch. I will be ready regardless.....the time frame just changed

@Matrix ,

I am so glad to hear you are doing your buff hunt this year! If it was anything like mine, it will be the most challenging and most rewarding hunt you have ever experienced... I am assuming the are recommending April for the very same reasons I planned my hunt in late April/early May in that the grazing grasses will still be tall enough for cover to stalk. I can personally attest that cover makes a huge difference in your ability to crawl in close. I will look forward to the report on this one. Will you be hunting with Jan for the buff?

Thank you....I cant wait to get there!

@Matrix ,

I am so glad to hear you are doing your buff hunt this year! If it was anything like mine, it will be the most challenging and most rewarding hunt you have ever experienced... I am assuming the are recommending April for the very same reasons I planned my hunt in late April/early May in that the grazing grasses will still be tall enough for cover to stalk. I can personally attest that cover makes a huge difference in your ability to crawl in close. I will look forward to the report on this one. Will you be hunting with Jan for the buff?

Hey Dan! Thank You very much! You are correct on the reasons why, Jan called me and asked if I could move it up...of course I said yes! LOL
I can only imagine at this point the adrenaline rush that this will be! LOL
Yes I will be doing the hunt Jan...He's my guy there and I trust his judgement and abilities to the fullest!

Just wait until you are close enough to smell them and hear them breathing... That will get the adrenaline flowing! Best of luck my friend....! Jan will get it done for you for sure! (y)

You ought to consider getting the hunt videoed with Limcroma's guy Henk Jacobs. We had our last safari hunt videoed and I was very happy that I did it. It was much more affordable than you might think, and was well worth it!

Thats what I'm hoping for Dan! As Jan said....they look at you like a loan shark that you owe money to!

I was actually going to ask Jan about that when we meet next weekend. As you know they're over here and we have a get together planned with him next weekend to talk more about the trip

Best of luck!! Get to the range !!! Look forward to the report!

Thank You reedy!

Thats what I'm hoping for Dan! As Jan said....they look at you like a loan shark that you owe money to!

I was actually going to ask Jan about that when we meet next weekend. As you know they're over here and we have a get together planned with him next weekend to talk more about the trip

I don't get to see Jan, Riaan, and Guillaume unless they come down to Florida for some golf and fishing after the shows are over.. They are in Texas and then Pennsylvania doing their shows when I am in Las Vegas... I haven't heard if they are coming my way after the shows or not... That's great that you have a get-together planned to go over the strategy...

I highly recommend getting a pair of these for your hunt. You can get them in most any military surplus store for $15-20 and they will save your life after a week or more on your hands and knees.

knee pads.jpg

Wish you the best !

I don't get to see Jan, Riaan, and Guillaume unless they come down to Florida for some golf and fishing after the shows are over.. They are in Texas and then Pennsylvania doing their shows when I am in Las Vegas... I haven't heard if they are coming my way after the shows or not... That's great that you have a get-together planned to go over the strategy...

I highly recommend getting a pair of these for your hunt. You can get them in most any military surplus store for $15-20 and they will save your life after a week or more on your hands and knees.

View attachment 216930
I definitely will be getting those as well as a pair of gators

Enjoy your hunt!

I hope you have a great hunt.
Nothing like bringing into your face to get the adrenalin going. Skip that with the Buffalo though! ;)

Woohoo! Go for it! Now you’ll have time in the same year to go back to Africa:ROFLMAO:!

Thanks guys....Hopefully I have some awesome things to share when I get back!

I definitely will be getting those as well as a pair of gators

I just happened to get myself an brand new pair of gaiters this past year... Mine are made out of buffalo hide;)

HAHA....You got the GOOD ones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross