www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well ladies and gents Seth is at his first shoot of the year. He just had a very serious surgery in November. He is having a hard time walking as a result but he’s been looking forward to this shoot since June so there is no way he was going to miss it. He can stand and put weight on that foot and can walk a little but he’s had quite the challenge. He’s a tough little shit though. He’s been working hard so that he can get to where he can stand long enough to shoot.
Here is a post surgery x-ray.
01F1D60B-02AE-4C9D-A616-BFE13B5BDCAE.jpeg

This shoot is in San Antonio at the National Shooting Complex. There are 953 kids shooting for over 20,000 dollars in scholarships. Yesterday was a rough day an he struggled with international trap. Considering he hasn’t been able to shoot since his surgery he went out cold on international skeet. He struggled through it and put up a 76.
Today however, he went out and dug deep to shoot a 96 in American trap which has him sitting in shoot off position for some $. Very proud of him.
They are now shooting a team sporting clays round and Brandi just told me they are shooting very strong. He can’t walk the course so some of his team mates are ferrying him around on side by sides and helping him get his gear squared away.
He was pretty sore last night after the the days shoot. I hope he can can keep the pain under control enough to finish and finish strong. I told him when he left to do his best and if at any point he hits a wall there is no shame in bowing out considering the circumstances. Being my son off course he said “to hell with that, I’m going to finish and I’m going to win”. I am so proud of this boy and it’s an honor to be his father.
First station of team Sporting Clays shoot That smile says it all.
275914D8-4631-46B1-AB64-E0CCADDA562F.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullthrower338

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Right on! Always move forward!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Good stuff !!

Ridge Runner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
Oouucchhh!! Those are some very big pins/screws there.

BEST OF LUCK and MUCH SUCCESS on his and his teams shooting skills.

cagkt3

Titanium supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
He shoots better on one ankle than I do with both!

Congrats!!

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Ouch!! That is some mean looking hardware in that foot but it doesn't seem to be slowing him down much. Give him a big CAN DO and give 'em hell, Seth.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
He just shot a 91 in sporting clays for the team shoot. I’m not sure what his team members shot. That’s a solid score all things considered.

Sako AV

AH senior member
Reaction score
No quit in that young man, gotta love it! Hope he and the team do well

crudeoildude

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
nra bow hunters of wyo
Remember the ALAMO,Give em hell kid don't take any prisoners

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Atta boy!

Seth is a fine young man. Glad to see him putting in the work. It will pay off!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Thank you all for the support. He really appreciates it and I am forwarding all of this to him.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Tell Seth to keep working hard because I need a bird boy come September!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Ouch!! That is some mean looking hardware in that foot but it doesn't seem to be slowing him down much. Give him a big CAN DO and give 'em hell, Seth.
yessir it is some serious hardware. He’s had a pretty tough time with this one. Unfortunately it’s not over, he has to do the other foot after this one heals. That should buy him 5-10 years before he has to have ankle replacements. We’re hoping that technology will advance enough in that time maybe he won’t have to have such intrusive treatments. He’s tough though and is soldiering on. This was a heart break to him as he always dreamed of going into the Airforce to fly planes, unfortunately that isn’t an option anymore. Soooo now he’s a junior trying to figure out what he wants to do in life. Fortunately he’s able to shoot again which has been about the best therapy for him since he was little. He’s very passionate about it. He also has a pretty serious interest in physics so he’s trying to figure out what direction to go with that. I gotta say I was very impressed. He takes a dual credit physics class this year and score a 100% on his mid term final. The instructor was shocked as she said she’s never had a student do that before. I was too actually, he’s always been smart but that was just shear impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BellaKimbr

Latest profile posts

Who provides you with an interpretive safari to enlighten your wilderness experience. We are safari outfitters specializing in excellent custom or Tailormade safaris in Tanzania. If you are looking for a safari in Tanzania, you have come to the right place and the right safari company. We create Best Memories of your African Safari
Hello to All members of this group, My name is Basili Agustino I have just joined this great community with the, Vervet safari and tours Tanzania which is a focused Tanzanian tour company that provides travel services that are personally designed and professionally guided by Tanzania’s finest and highly trained professional safari guides,
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob