Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Thanks to AH and several members who have been bad influences on me. I just couldn’t resist my latest addition. CZ 550 in 458 Lott.
Just back from Wayne at AHR. Wayne did a Number 1 upgrade along with glassbed and shorten barrel to 22 inches for quick handling. Also added mercury reducer to stock and fitted a Kahles Helia red dot to one of his QD mounts.
I also have a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 in Talley QD rings for it.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Sweet! You will enjoy that rifle! FYI, at one time I had a mercury recoil reducer in my Lott. I decided that the extra weight was not worth it on a long day trailing buffalo so out it came. I really don’t notice much difference and the rifle handles much better without it.

Great set up Mark!

Very nice. Need to get that thang out there hunting :W Shotgun:

Niiiiice.
Let us know how it does on the range.

Thanks to AH and several members who have been bad influences on me. I just couldn’t resist my latest addition. CZ 550 in 458 Lott.
Just back from Wayne at AHR. Wayne did a Number 1 upgrade along with glassbed and shorten barrel to 22 inches for quick handling. Also added mercury reducer to stock and fitted a Kahles Helia red dot to one of his QD mounts.
I also have a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 in Talley QD rings for it. View attachment 346888View attachment 346886
Gorgeous rifle! Great caliber! I honestly don't know why people buy that CZ in .458 Win Mag. You can shoot those from a Lott. That is sweet man, in jealous!

It was heading to South Africa in June 2020 with me for Cape Buffalo bull/cow combo and Lioness with Gerrit at Bos en Dal. Looks like June 2021 now. Will give me more range time and to save for more animals.

Congrats on the addition to the safe. Let us know how your shoulder feels after the first range test.

It was heading to South Africa in June 2020 with me for Cape Buffalo bull/cow combo and Lioness with Gerrit at Bos en Dal. Looks like June 2021 now. Will give me more range time and to save for more animals.

In the mean time go find a whitetail or axis :)

Beautiful looking rifle! I think you’ll really enjoy it! I’m going to have to look into a red dot like that for mine.

Congratulations! The stock is very pretty indeed! Is that any sort of upgrade? Looks like you have a very well thought out setup. I do not have a recoil reducer on my Lott. It is a Ruger No. 1 so I'm guessing you will be fine with your CZ. Range report much appreciated when you get there.

Gorgeous rifle! Great caliber! I honestly don't know why people buy that CZ in .458 Win Mag. You can shoot those from a Lott. That is sweet man, in jealous!

We buy them in .458Win coz you can load long to suit the mag and then you have the same ballistics as a Lott!
I know I've owned 2...

Mark, really nice rifle - and I'm sure it'll serve you well! .458's rule! (y)

Cheers,

Russ

We buy them in .458Win coz you can load long to suit the mag and then you have the same ballistics as a Lott!
I know I've owned 2...

Mark, really nice rifle - and I'm sure it'll serve you well! .458's rule! (y)

Cheers,

Russ
See, I joined here for answers like that. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Congratulations! The stock is very pretty indeed! Is that any sort of upgrade? Looks like you have a very well thought out setup. I do not have a recoil reducer on my Lott. It is a Ruger No. 1 so I'm guessing you will be fine with your CZ. Range report much appreciated when you get there.

No upgrade on stock. I got lucky as it is factory from CZ. This one just had some nice wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg