bulletsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana
Hi, I have some space from now to end of October for a hunter that is easy going and ready to roll (meaning...you're looking for a real African adventure and you will get on a plane in next 2 weeks to have it!).
If you want dangerous game at a great price (buffalo and/or leopard) or key plainsgame (Sable Roan Eland Dikdik Oribi Hyena) or just a great adventure of another hunt in Africa then please call me asap. If you know you can't make it now please catch up to me later!

Flights are available into JRO and price is decent with various carriers.

Area is a very large grade 1 (best grade) game reserve in Rungwa Tanzania. Northern species can be added if you have time.

Getting to camp is a long drive OR an expensive bush flight.

Hunt cost is low(er) than normal.

If the above fits and you are truly capable to leave the country soon id love to get you the details.

Thanks, Nathan
on whatsapp or direct +15735871234

Here is some highlights of this year and what you can expect.
IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220715-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220715-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220715-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20220715-WA0009.jpg

Screenshot_20220829-175724_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220830-132139_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220830-135334_Gallery.jpg

The 3x cats on trail cam above are alive, well, and waiting...I know where they live and have been feeding them, so chances are good!

Looks like a great opportunity for someone. Seems like a price is asked to be written on these offers tho. Hopefully someone takes this hunt and reports back.
Bruce

To provide this thread with more airtime and improving our knowledge of shot placement. Where would you aim for on the three leopards? I've put arrows on your photos of where I think the shot should be.

Screenshot_20220830-132139_Gallery.jpeg

Screenshot_20220830-135334_Gallery.jpeg

Screenshot_20220829-175724_Gallery.jpeg

I’m not gonna cheat and look it up, but your first two arrows are higher and more forward than my shot would be. The last is higher and further back.

Looks like you were going for disabling high shoulder shot on all three. I was going for heart shot. That said, I have no experience with leopard. What say ye, leopard vets? ( Sorry for hijackin offer, but it does keep it on the front of the board)

To provide this thread with more airtime and improving our knowledge of shot placement. Where would you aim for on the three leopards? I've put arrows on your photos of where I think the shot should be.
Good discussion on the shot placement, very critical on cats. Inches matter here and your arrows are a little high (the arrow tip may/can get the job done and is encouraged by some books - but it doesn't give you as much space for Murphy in a real hunting situation).

I always go for biggest margin for error on the aim point. This way most any projectile with up to 3" of wiggle in any direction from the red dot will place the cat within 0 to 60 yards of the tree. Dead.

Cats can twist and turn there bodies in weird ways so the spotter should be analyzing this and looking for the opposite leg and angles of the cats body. Then give exact aim point to the shooter so he has one thing to think about.

In general:
vertically is always middle of the body.
Horizontal is usually 1" behind the crease of the leg muscles.

If you draw a 6" circle around my red dot you'll see what I mean and why it works best.

Screenshot_20220923-062856_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220923-063046_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220923-063135_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a grand opportunity! I only wish I could do this. Had plans to go a couple of years ago and then the world fell apart. Now my life has had to change. Hopeful that still some day I can make it!
Best of luck to whom ever goes and please don’t forget to take us with you in a report!

Good discussion on the shot placement, very critical on cats. Inches matter here and your arrows are a little high (the arrow tip may/can get the job done and is encouraged by some books - but it doesn't give you as much space for Murphy in a real hunting situation).

I always go for biggest margin for error on the aim point. This way most any projectile with up to 3" of wiggle in any direction from the red dot will place the cat within 0 to 60 yards of the tree. Dead.

Cats can twist and turn there bodies in weird ways so the spotter should be analyzing this and looking for the opposite leg and angles of the cats body. Then give exact aim point to the shooter so he has one thing to think about.

In general:
vertically is always middle of the body.
Horizontal is usually 1" behind the crease of the leg muscles.

If you draw a 6" circle around my red dot you'll see what I mean and why it works best.
Thank you, Nathan. That is really helpful!

This is going to be one lucky hunter!!!

The Greater Ruaha ecosystem has a ton of leopard. Probably as high a chance for leopard with Nathan as anywhere in Africa.

Awesome video! Oh man I wish I could do this! A leopard and another buffalo…or two would be such a thrill!
If using a 375 H&H what bullets do you recommend?

Awesome video! Oh man I wish I could do this! A leopard and another buffalo…or two would be such a thrill!
If using a 375 H&H what bullets do you recommend?
I recommend Swift A Frame, Nosler Partition, or Barnes.
Swift have been the most reliable.
Always go with the heaviest grain available in any caliber.

Thank you for watching the video!

Never hunted leopard, but have many one-shot kills on plains game with Barnes TSX in 300 gr. .375 and the same with the 400 gr. TSX in .404 Jeffery. After a +/- 60 yard .404 shot, the buffalo ran 50 yards and piled up. Although, as you can see from my screen name, I'm a bit fond of my .375. Truly a 'one-gun and done' rifle. Good luck on your hunt if you make it.........

A rare event from that we are privileged to see very often @bulletsafaris :W Gun:

This was rather a high shoulder/spine shot, isn’t it? Like Kevin Robertson advises?

Instead of a heart/lung shot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross