Has someone here on AH who hunted Tiger in Vietnam?

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I've been to Vietnam, Five times in the past five years, and I have plans to visit again this December for my second trip this year, if the country opens to foreign visitors between now and December 2020. I've been spearfishing in Indonesia twice, and I plan to go spearfishing in Vietnam during my next visit. If you think about it, spearfishing is hunting. I'd really like to find a way to get permission to hunt other animals there as well, but I seriously doubt that will happen any time soon, if ever. At least I can hunt with a speargun for some delicious fish.

My girlfriend's cousin is in the Indonesian military. He told me a story about going hunting for wild boar on the island of Papua, Indonesia, during survival training. I asked him if he thought he could arrange for me to go hunting there with him, someday. He said it was possible, but very dangerous. We would need to meet with the local tribe leader and ask for permission, and considering I'm a westerner, we need to be very alert for potential terrorist cell attacks.

Please post pics of your spearfishing trips when you get back!

Bule Jagter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, NRA
Hunted
ZA, Indiana, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
Here I am with a leatherjacket fish, I shot in Indonesia in 2019. I will be sure to post pictures after returning from spearfishing in Vietnam, and Indonesia late this year, or early next year.

IMG_5884.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

AB2506

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Alberta Fish & Game
Hunted
Alberta, Florida, Eastern Cape of South Africa
I read Jack Acheson's autobiography. He fought in the Korean War. Although he tried in his downtime, he was unsuccesful in his tiger hunts. He said that if there unrecovered bodies in brushy ravines, the tigers would feed on them.

Latest profile posts

Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.