Has anyone used Kruger Taxidermy/Marakalalo Pty Ltd.?

Erny

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, SCI, NRA, RMEF
Hunted
USA, RSA, Canada, Namibia, New Zealand, Mexico

The prices seem good and was planning on them mounting a few of my plains game and dipping and packing some of my larger animals to be mounted by my taxidermist in Texas.

Any comments positive or negative would be appreciated.

The prices seem good and was planning on them mounting a few of my plains game and dipping and packing some of my larger animals to be mounted by my taxidermist in Texas.

Any comments positive or negative would be appreciated.
Just seen your post, did you end up using Kruger Taxidermy? They will pick up my Trophies next week, thinking about having him do my Taxidermy. A friend of mine in KZN, Kruger has done a lot of work for him over the years, I thought it looked good

I used them or thought I was using them on a trip in 2019. Had 10 animals 9 European mounts and a zebra rug. Had no issues throughout the process, corresponded with Kruger through WhatsApp multiple times. When I got my create home and opened it up every animal in the create had a taxidermy tag on it from Umlindi Taxidermy in Tarkastad, which was only about 25 miles from the outfitters lodge. Best I can figure is since they were euros and a rug, he just subbed it out to a closer taxidermist. When I unpacked the create, I reached out to the owner of Umlindi but got no response. The work was ok, but 5 of the 9 skulls were not properly degreased and have yellow discoloration where the grease has come to the surface especially on the front at the base of the horns. Unfortunate, not what I wanted, but nothing can be done about it now, so it is what it is. Lesson learned; I can't speak to Kruger’s work as I don't have any, but my one experience would prevent me from ever having any in the future as well.

Just seeing this as well. I went by his shop in April with my PH and dropped all capes, hides, skulls etc. He is doing tanning and dip and pack but no mounts. Super nice guy and my PH swears by his (guys) work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.