Has anyone hunted all the species you can in Africa?

There are a ton of species not included on that initial list. Think all the Masailand species, Ethiopian species, Cameroon (yeah, it’s a major destination for some guys). If you just took the species from Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia and Cameroon, it’d be longer than the OP’s list.

I have an easy time guessing that everyone here dreams about hunting one of everything in Africa, I was wondering if anyone on here has done it? If so I'd love to hear about how many safaris you've done, photos of trophy rooms of course, etc. Minus a couple of the unusual species like porcupine I tried to list most of the animals (courtesy of AfricanSky). Let me know if I missed any.

Buffalo

Crocodile

Elephant

Hippopotamus

Leopard

Lion

Rhino

Black wildebeest

Blue wildebeest

Blesbok – common

Blesbok – white

Blue wildebeest

Bontebok

Bush pig

Bushbuck

Caracal

Common Reedbuck

Duiker – blue

Duiker – grey

Duiker – red

Eland – cape

Eland – livingstone

Fallow deer

Gemsbok

Giraffe

Grey rhebuck

Impala

Jackal

Klipspringer

Kudu

Lechwe – red

Mountain reedbuck

Nyala

Oribi

Ostrich

Red hartebeest

Roan antelope

Sable antelope

Springbok – black

Springbok – common

Springbok – white

Springbok - copper

Steenbok

Suni

Tsessebe

Warthog

Waterbuck

Zebra – burchell’s

Zebra - mountain
you missed quite a lot.

There is 5 (sub)species of buffalo, only in Africa.
I think that as per Rowland Ward there is more then 200 or 220 species listed.

There are 9 species of spiral horns, but the list is quite longer if you count all subsepcies. Check subspecies of bushbucks, for example.

Then there are tiny ten, in that department check the list of subspecies of duikers only?

In short, if you get all 5 species of buffalo, and all species and subspecies of spiral horns, and all species and subspecies of tine ten, you can say with your own full right, that you have traveled entire Africa. Much harder then collecting big 5. Collecting big 5 is costly, but very doable in 2 countries, and can be done in 2 months. (there is an article in AHG recently about that).
Collecting something from above, is different matter, time consuming and even more costly.

All listed species of Rowland Ward, has no-one ever hunted. Mission impossible. But it would be a fun to try.

Oops, didn’t realize it was so old when it popped up.

Mark-Hunter, I wonder if Jay Mellon was able to hunt every listed species? If not, he must have come closer than probably anyone else.

I don't think you can hunt all the species listed in RW now a days. I did my best in the 80s.
Through the years several "new" suspicious have been classified and some have lost their classification.
The animal I would have loved to hunt was the Giant Sable and the Bluebuck. Throw in the Addax in the Sahara for good nature.

Yea it's an old thread...but Peter Flack is only missing a few and by now, he might have taken all of the legal species. I think Boddington said that Flack was the most accomplished African hunter in modern times.

old thread yes, cool thread most assuredly .....this topic opens up the question of how many different African species do you have, how many repeat species do you have.....were the repeats to big to pass or did you just enjoy the hunt?

I don't think I will hunt single species trophies for too long. Few more that I have in mind, then will go for repetitive sessions, including culling and management hunts. With shipping of trophis reduced to minimal, if any at all.
I think in this date and age, with prices going to extreme in some countries, and security issues in some countries, it will be impossible to collect everything.
Solid experience would be not so much to hunt everything, but also to visit as many as possible hunting destinations: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, etc

I will never say no to kudu, wart hogs and impalas. :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois