Has anyone heard about this? Limcroma Safaris / SBS Logistics

It *sounds* like we have an honest client robbed of his $275,000 hunt trophy. It *sounds* like we have an honest outfitter that admits the client has been robbed. It *sounds* like the outfitter is accountable for the lost horns because they bundled in taxidermy and logistics into the overall package.

It also would be logical that the outfitter didn't think through their liability exposure in such an offer and that they are going to end up owing $275,000 because of the negligence of others.

Tough situation. We hunted with limcroma last summer and had a phenomenal time.

Hopefully both parties can come to an amicable agreement- I'm sure that Hannes is doing everything in his power to make that happen.

Darned lawyers advice will preclude sharing all the efforts at resolution until the fat lady eventually sings. :K Gag:

Hopefully both parties can come to an amicable agreement- I'm sure that Hannes is doing everything in his power to make that happen.

I have only heard good things about Hannes before this. As @rookhawk insinuated, bundling services that you don't have full control over......................

My family and I are booked for our first Safari through Limcroma at the end of March into early April so we will most likely be there right prior to your arrival. I have read quite a few post about the Rhino incident and I am still confident in Limcroma's abilities and their professionalism. We spent almost two years investigating different Outfitters and following up with references. I came across no one that hunted with them and had anything negative to say and hence we booked with them.

RJ

My family and I are booked for our first Safari through Limcroma at the end of March into early April so we will most likely be there right prior to your arrival. I have read quite a few post about the Rhino incident and I am still confident in Limcroma's abilities and their professionalism. We spent almost two years investigating different Outfitters and following up with references. I came across no one that hunted with them and had anything negative to say and hence we booked with them.

RJ

You'll have a great time I'm sure. Hannes and everyone on the limcroma team were outstanding during our first safari last summer.

It *sounds* like we have an honest client robbed of his $275,000 hunt trophy. It *sounds* like we have an honest outfitter that admits the client has been robbed. It *sounds* like the outfitter is accountable for the lost horns because they bundled in taxidermy and logistics into the overall package.

It also would be logical that the outfitter didn't think through their liability exposure in such an offer and that they are going to end up owing $275,000 because of the negligence of others

It "sounds" like you are making a lot of assumptions without knowing all of that facts! You have already made two assumptions that I know not to be true. You need to be careful throwing around the term "robbed" as it is a pretty libelous term. If you are going to make prejudgments based on lots of missing information, there are plenty of job openings at CNN you can apply for..... I also know that this very likely to be settled out of the courts with the ultimate outcome being a satisfied and appeased client.

It "sounds" like you are making a lot of assumptions without knowing all of that facts! You have already made two assumptions that I know not to be true. You need to be careful throwing around the term "robbed" as it is a pretty libelous term. If you are going to make prejudgments based on lots of missing information, there are plenty of job openings at CNN you can apply for..... I also know that this very likely to be settled out of the courts with the ultimate outcome being a satisfied and appeased client.

I don't want to say too much about this case. But generally, no one know the true facts, only the facts that can be proved, based on the evidence admitted. Having read the petition, and that is just Plaintiffs' allegations. I believe that Limcroma position is that the Rhino horns were stolen while in the custody of SBS Logistics. Burglarized would be the correct term, not Robbed unless of course it was a robbery.

I would guess that this case is a long way from being settled.

Limcroma hosted our family's first safari as well. I can't say enough positive things about our time with them. Hannes and his entire staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to book with them again.

I don't want to say too much about this case. But generally, no one know the true facts, only the facts that can be proved, based on the evidence admitted. Having read the petition, and that is just Plaintiffs' allegations. I believe that Limcroma position is that the Rhino horns were stolen while in the custody of SBS Logistics. Burglarized would be the correct term, not Robbed unless of course it was a robbery.

I would guess that this case is a long way from being settled.

I am actually very familiar with the facts of this incident, and you are absolutely correct in stating that only the facts that can be proven are relevant. The petition does not reflect a great deal of pertinent information including the plaintiff's agreed responsibility in part of the shipping process. Nor, does it reflect what were, in my opinion, very reasonable efforts and generous gestures that were offered and eventually refused in attempts to resolve this situation. This case was actually very close to being settled until the lawyers got involved. Imagine that..... I truly wish I could say more as well...

As for the term "robbed" it is the correct term in reference to the plaintiff's horns being intentionally stolen from the logistics company handling the final shipment. It is libelous when used to refer to the plaintiff being "robbed" of his trophy hunt. The hunt was successfully delivered exceeding all expectations. The plaintiff was not, and cannot ever be deprived of that experience.

Lost trophies is something we all have to deal with from time to time just as we deal with lost luggage (lost bows in my case...). It is unfortunate.

This being said, I hunted with Hannes a few years back and all I can say is good. Excellent lodge, great blinds and plenty good quality animals. Limcroma is one of those outfitters you can trust.

I used the term robbed. As in larcenous behavior. Thieving. Theft. Deprived of property.

That's not libelous, that's what the defendant claims, not the plaintiff. They claim that a third party had custody of the horns and they were stolen/taken/disappeared.

That's why I assumed that the defendant, who appears honest by everyone's assertion has a problem on their hands from a liability standpoint.

I've read too much about these rhino hunts to want to ever book. Either the hunt never happens and money vanishes or shit like this happens. It is easier and less risky for a poacher to just steal a horn this way than tramp around in the field and shoot one....same result for him in the end. It doesn't matter if you work with 20 trustworthy people whether they are Africans or not. It just takes one a-hole to eff everything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg