Has anyone have experience with the Aimpoint ACRO on a big bore?

Tucketed

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Has anyone have experience with the Aimpoint ACRO on a big bore? I have used Fastfires in past on shotguns for turkeys but interested in this for my 404J. Not sure I love the 3.5 MOA dot but I like it’s compact size and the idea it’s sealed unlike Fastfires and other red dot reflex sights. I have been thinking a Aimpoint H2 micro also. Thank you, Ed

Not sure about the Aimpoint, but quite a few hunters (including me) are using the Trijicon RMR on big bore double rifles. There is even a video on the Heym youtube channel with Mark Valaro talking about red dot sights on doubles.

Thank you @chashardy Not that I have had issues with Fastfires but the RMR is unsealed as are all of the other micro reflex at the emitter to optic. I love the size. My concern would be dirt and dust blocking or lowering the light levels. I believe the ACRO and H2 are the only sealed.

I have 2 x Aimpoint Micro H1, they are more compact than the H2.

One has done service for over 1000 shots on my 404. Absolutely love it.

Got one on my 450 Rigby too.

H2 is on my 7x57

@DWB thanks for your inputs, unfortunately the H1 is discontinued. I went ahead and purchased a H2 and will check it out. Hopefully doesn’t look too out of place on my new rifle. I have a Z6i and a Z8i I might use but I have always loved a smaller red dot. At least i will have a nice Aimpoint to play with. We will see how the new rifle shoots then decide.
Ed

I am sure it won't disappoint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,