Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Perhaps a bit late to announce this. I DVR Steve Scott's show Safari Hunter's Journal and watch it when I get the chance. Hopefully there will be repeat showings if you didn't DVR the show but would like to see it. But the episode was filmed at @Hartzview Hunting Safaris primary concession near Kimberly, South Africa.

When did it air Phil? I DVR Steve's show too.

Would love to see the show as well.

Is the episode titled Bucket List Avenger?

If so, at least here in Atlanta, it comes on again on the 15th.

I had it DVR'ed..... got to watch it last night. Ockert was PH'ing for much of the show. It was great. It was cool seeing the ranch & staff on TV. Awesome operation Jacques & Hartzview have over there.

Will be looking for it myself,

I believe that is the episode about my father’s and my safari with them. I posted about the hunt several months ago. The people at Hartzview are incredible to say the least. I have not seen it but have Safari Hunters Journal set on the DVR. Steve is a really great guy and I am glad that he was there on my first one.
I wish I could get to one of the shows to see them...but I am too busy at work. But if I don't work how will I ever save enough to go back?

I believe that is the episode about my father’s and my safari with them. I posted about the hunt several months ago. The people at Hartzview are incredible to say the least. I have not seen it but have Safari Hunters Journal set on the DVR. Steve is a really great guy and I am glad that he was there on my first one.
I wish I could get to one of the shows to see them...but I am too busy at work. But if I don't work how will I ever save enough to go back?

Your dad worked at Guns and Ammo, editor maybe? He shot a real nice waterbuck at a water hole? If so, yep that was your hunt.

Yes, My father used to be the publisher of Guns and Ammo and he did get a really nice waterbuck.

I can't wait to watch it and re live some of the trip.

Last edited:
Yes, My father used to be the publisher of Guns and Ammo and he did get a really nice waterbuck.

I thought I remembered that waterbuck from your report. I see you hunted with Ockert and had those awesome dogs along.

DVR is set. Can't wait to see it!(y)

Thank you guys for the kind words. We enjoyed having Steve and Chad over for their safari and we are looking forward to the next one! I would love to see the show myself as well!

Finally got to see the episode. That was great!!!!

The moral of the story was definitely to do it while you can. You just never know when the opportunity will be lost...

You got that right! The following episode "last weeks", was Steve Scott hunting Cape Buffalo with Jacques Spamer, the PH & Owner of Hartzview. Close range with a handgun.... .500 S&W I think. Very nice bull!

You got that right! The following episode "last weeks", was Steve Scott hunting Cape Buffalo with Jacques Spamer, the PH & Owner of Hartzview. Close range with a handgun.... .500 S&W I think. Very nice bull!

Yeah, I'm watching that one now. Heck, my wife may even what the episode with Jacques. After meeting him at DSC she did make some comment about him being easy on the eyes... :A Banana Sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg