Happy to join your ranks!

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all!

So there I was, all set to go on my first safari next year with my trusty 308 (for my first safari I think PG is very appropriate and I know that with good shot placement the 308 can handle it all lol) when I made the mistake of walking into a local used gun shop for a look around. As I perused the isles a beam of light broke through the dusty window and landed on her. It gleamed off of her barrel and playfully ran along her solid stock checkering. I could hear the siren song instantly and as I picked her up, the heft and balance spoke of adventures yet to come. I was all but hooked and brought her to the counter, the bolt sliding back as smoothly as silk, showing no signs of wear or overuse. The rifling gleamed deep and clear, and I could tell I was now in serious, glorious trouble. A small bit of dickering later and I am now the proud owner of what I am convinced was a safe-queen CZ American Safaris in the classic .375. I can't wait to get her to the range and see if I can handle her as she deserves!

20160830_120421.jpg
20160830_120326_001.jpg
20160830_120451.jpg
20160830_120523.jpg

Very nice find! Now you can add dangerous game to the list!

Nice...

Congrats on this find! Best of luck

Congrats, looks clean and not used much. enjoy.

That's what happens when you head into a gun shop.

I can only hope that this forum helped make your decision easier to buy a .375! Get used to her and we I'll start talking about over 40's
Nice rifle,
Cody

Hello all!

So there I was, all set to go on my first safari next year with my trusty 308 (for my first safari I think PG is very appropriate and I know that with good shot placement the 308 can handle it all lol) when I made the mistake of walking into a local used gun shop for a look around. As I perused the isles a beam of light broke through the dusty window and landed on her. It gleamed off of her barrel and playfully ran along her solid stock checkering. I could hear the siren song instantly and as I picked her up, the heft and balance spoke of adventures yet to come. I was all but hooked and brought her to the counter, the bolt sliding back as smoothly as silk, showing no signs of wear or overuse. The rifling gleamed deep and clear, and I could tell I was now in serious, glorious trouble. A small bit of dickering later and I am now the proud owner of what I am convinced was a safe-queen CZ American Safaris in the classic .375. I can't wait to get her to the range and see if I can handle her as she deserves!

View attachment 158669 View attachment 158678 View attachment 158680 View attachment 158690

You could hear a heavenly host of angels singing too right!? :)

Great experiences and stories to come, I'm sure! Congrats(y)

Congratulations.

awesome, time to prepare for a big 5 trip now

I can only hope that this forum helped make your decision easier to buy a .375! Get used to her and we I'll start talking about over 40's
Nice rifle,
Cody

Hope no longer, I'll confirm it. This forum has been an amazing resource and I've read a ton. It's why I chose the .375 to begin with and got me looking into the CZ line in particular. When I walked in and saw the exact rifle I'd been thinking about on the shelf (especially out here in New Mexico as we don't generally get a lot of "Big Game" rifles, I think this one is the first .375 I've seen in a few years of looking) I knew that barring some big flaw that even I could see I was hooked.

I'm jealous. I keep waiting for that the happen to me! Seriously though, congratulations. You know you're pretty far gone when you're taking pictures in the gun store ;)

Nice Rifle. A good 1-5, 2-8, or 3-9 would do her proud! That's why I dont go into gun shops anymore.......I HAVE THE INTERNET, plus my hunting partner tells me to buy stuff....yeah I'll go with that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg