Happy to be Aboard

BigTex

Reaction score
Member of
LIFE Member of NRA, TSRA, NSCA, NSSC, SAF
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2, Namibia
I'm a new member on this forum but a long-time hunter. I've hunted Texas (of course), New Mexico, Montana, 6 times to Alaska, and 4 safaris to SA, Zim twice, and Namibia. I shoot 416 Rigby bolt and H&H .577 BPE for DG. I've taken a couple of elephants, a couple of buffs, a GM hippo, and various plains game. Just acquiring a .500 NE. I've been reloading for 50 years - I usually never even buy loaded ammo. So if anyone has some once-fired nickel-plated Norma (preferably) or Federal .500 NE brass, I'd be interested in buying it.

Giday Big Tex and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome Big Tex, you have been to Africa more times than I have and I live here. What 500 gouble are you acquiring?

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH. Share some of your hunting tales with us when you get a moment.

Welcome to AH BigTex!

Welcome to the forums!
Looking forward to heading about your hunts. ;)

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Thanks to everyone for the friendly welcome!

Are pictures showing terminal effects of shots frowned upon? I am always interested in how the firearm actually performed. For instance, I shot a large tuskless elephant that was running with a 577 solid. The elephant heart was so large that the .585" diameter bullet actually passed through 3-4" of the heart wall without ever entering the chamber. I have a picture of Gibbo with his finger stuck through the hole. To me, that was extremely interesting! What is the policy?

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH BigTex. Sounds like you’ve had a great hunting career. We’d love to hear more about your hunts and look forward to your input.

Big Tex, welcome to the AH forum! I am envious of all your adventures! How about sharing some pictures and a report?
Growing up in Fort Worth, we would go to the Fat Stock Show where Big Tex resided. Oops! Wrong Big Tex!:LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.