HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

I lost my father just over 2 years ago, only 64 years old. I am so thankful for his love of the outdoors and for taking me hunting. Happy fathers day dad and to all the das on here as well!
12517117_10205487525327600_1831822349_o.jpg

@Wheels , thanks for reminding us how quickly time flies past.....feels like just the other day you posted the pics.

Happy Fathers day to everyone.

My father hunted because I liked to. I now have a deer of his on my wall and his rifle in my safe. For all of the time he spent with me I am forever greatful.

My grandfather had a passion for hunting. He lived to hunt and loved to hunt with his family. For years as a teenager we had an eight gun lease. My granfather, his son, two son in laws, and four grandsons.

The picture below was on opening day one year. My father took the picture and my mother had it made into a puzzle and then gave it to my grandfather. He had to put it together to find out what it was. It was his favorite hunting picture and only one of a few that was actually displayed in their house. I'm lucky enough to have it now.

I'm on the left and my cousin Grant, who started me on the Africa disease and whom my first trip was with, is next to me.

20160618_091900.jpg

My father hunted because I liked to. I now have a deer of his on my wall and his rifle in my safe. For all of the time he spent with me I am forever greatful.

My grandfather had a passion for hunting. He lived to hunt and loved to hunt with his family. For years as a teenager we had an eight gun lease. My granfather, his son, two son in laws, and four grandsons.

The picture below was on opening day one year. My father took the picture and my mother had it made into a puzzle and then gave it to my grandfather. He had to put it together to find out what it was. It was his favorite hunting picture and only one of a few that was actually displayed in their house. I'm lucky enough to have it now.

I'm on the left and my cousin Grant, who started me on the Africa disease and whom my first trip was with, is next to me.

View attachment 153826

Great story.

Love the puzzle idea Royal.

Yes the puzzle idea is cool. Where did the wife get that done?

HAPPY FATHERS DAY...... HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND WITH LOVED ONES

Happy Fathers Day all, I'm blessed to still have my father and hunt with him each year. I took him on float hunt in AK last year and I drove back down the ALCAN hwy with him. I missed a few more days of work but I thought who gives a damn, you never know how long you will have them around, one of my best decisions I've ever made.
I'm in Africa right now with my oldest son and the only thing that could make it better is my other son and the "old man" were here also! I took a fine bushbuck this morning that forever be none as my Father's Day Bushbuck! Lol

image.jpeg

@andrifoxsafaris today

image.jpeg

Me, Pop and my buddy Dwayne on the bush strip
Cheers,
Cody

As soon as I was able to walk, (Truth be told likely before) my dad had me outdoors. We have been on many different adventures together. He now has the opportunity to build the same memories with my son and nephews and he is off to a great start.
Also a pic of me and my son with his first fish on Father's Day weekend.
Sorry for all the pics but couldn't choose one.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread. My dad unfortunately was never a part of my life. But my grandfather was an avid bird hunter whenever he want back to Italy to visit. I can still remember his face and reactions when I first started traveling to hunt, and his amazement at my brown bear, my grizzly and the many other species I took while he was alive. One of my favorite stories is when I brought home my brown bear mount, it's a standing mount. After seeing it several days later my door bell rang during dinner asking my wife who could that be?, when I opened the door in barged my grandfather with several of his buddies from the social club in broken English he told me I want to show my friends the bear! Such a great memory..till today when I'm successful I look up and ask him what do you think gramps? Happy Father's Day to all.

One of my favorite stories is when I brought home my brown bear mount, it's a standing mount. After seeing it several days later my door bell rang during dinner asking my wife who could that be?, when I opened the door in barged my grandfather with several of his buddies from the social club in broken English he told me I want to show my friends the bear! S

That Johnny, is a great story!

It is the little things that make the memories.

I lost my dad in 2010 one month before my job assignment started in Saudi at the age of 85. When I packed up for the move three things that went in the crate were a ten point horn mount he killed when I was 13 and two of the old wooden decoys he taught me to duck hunt over. I still stare at the horns just like I did when I was a kid. I've taken much bigger through the years but those still impress me because of who they belong to, my hero. The man that placed the desire of the outdoors in my veins, thanks dad.

image.jpg
image.jpg

@Rob404 , that's just classic.

To all of our fathers out there, where ever you might be.

Happy Fathers Day!

To my Dad, Don. Happy Father's Day! I'm so lucky that I still have him healthy and happy at 76 years old. Like most on here, he is the reason I am so involved in hunting and fishing. We are still very close and we're at my parents' house as I type this.

His last big whitetail from 2009. He's killed a pile of big ones over the years!
IMG_0056.JPG

Dad and I with his first mulie in 2009.
IMG_1602.png

The last deer he shot in 2016. In 2017 he sat in the blind and just watched the deer.
IMG_1343.JPG

This is what we do most of the time now.
IMG_1493.JPG

Here's to many more years Dad!

To my son Bryson who is now a father....Happy Father’s Day son!

Happy Fathers Day Guys!
Last season with the old man was a great one. This season should be even better, taking him to OZ in August!
132CEC0B-0DA0-4181-8ED9-25232F51C11E.jpeg

Well looking through pictures to post has made me have a good cry,lol. Guys I am so blessed it is not funny!
My wife and I attended a charity ball last night, I know lost ball in high weeds! but several guys told me how envious they
were that at one of the events leading up to the ball when my daughter was introduced they announced the girls favorite things to do and my daughters was to hunt with her dad! Damn if that dont make you proud! I grew up in a family where hunting was a proud tradition and I guess have managed to keep it going. I pray for one more trip to africa to share with my dad! Live it up today boys we are BLESSED mor than we know!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.