Hanging trophies

Good looking mount bracket Ted!

I bought the scaffolding for just this purpose! The buff neck bottom is at ten feet and his mounting bracket is at thirteen feet. By the way I hired two high school football players to put him up there. Get help for this stuff and invest In What you need to get it right.

View attachment 177124

How much did it cost you to feed those guys afterwards?;)

How much did it cost you to feed those guys afterwards?;)
$25 each and a couple of sodas while they were there! Good kids from up the street. Now I have had them both at a cook out and they can put it away!

I bought the scaffolding for just this purpose! The buff neck bottom is at ten feet and his mounting bracket is at thirteen feet. By the way I hired two high school football players to put him up there. Get help for this stuff and invest In What you need to get it right.

View attachment 177124
I have the same scaffolding set up! I couldn't get my ibex on the wall and didn't want to wait to rent the lift so I just bought the scaffolding. Worked great up to a point not sure how high you can go.
Philip

A ladder isn't necessarily dangerous at 16' . I use ladders every day for work, 16' is not bad at all. I go all the way to 40' with no problems
Brandon,
Yea but try climbing up it with a 48" MidAsian ibex. The terrible weight distribution from those horns makes me nervous. So much so I gave up because I was going to drop it. It's a little different that climbing up with a drill or other tools. I'm glad your not afraid of heights like some of us!
Philip

I would second the scissor lift but if using a ladder I find having the gismo on the top part that sets the ladder away from the wall to be the best thing. Getting the mount up the ladder usually isn't bad but trying to hang it while you are that close to the wall is the really dangerous time. Getting away from the wall made a night and day improvement for me.

You can buy most of the hangers at McKenzie taxidermy supply. I use a lot of the noose hangers as Brick posted. Break them in half to get two hangers. Big stuff you really need to hit a stud or something solid. When I build my trophy room, I will back all the Sheetrock in plywood over the whole room.

Brandon,
Yea but try climbing up it with a 48" MidAsian ibex. The terrible weight distribution from those horns makes me nervous. So much so I gave up because I was going to drop it. It's a little different that climbing up with a drill or other tools. I'm glad your not afraid of heights like some of us!
Philip

Very true Philip

ballymore3%7E2.jpeg

Will those swivel brackets work on any mount? What kind of screws would you use to hold it on the form?

A ladder isn't dangerous if used properly. Carrying an awkward heavy item like a kudu mount up the ladder would not, in my opinion, count as proper use. Another vote for the lift.

Think of it this way: even with good insurance, a lift rental is less expensive than an ER copay. Plus, I guarantee once you carry it up the ladder and get it attached to the wall, you will not want to do it again no matter how bad it looks. With the lift, you can pretty easily re-arrange things and get them looking good.

I use something like this to actually hang the mounts on the wall. My wall is plywood under the drywall, so it may or may not be practical in another situation:Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.23.52 PM.png

It makes it a pretty easy to hang.

Good evening, i have this hanging system attached to the back of an elk i just got back from the taxidermist. I have run a 3/8 lagbolt over the fireplace, but the bolt head doesnt seem to fit the hanger? Just curious as to how you use the system.

Dremel tool or drill to open up the hole along the lower edge until the bolt fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg