Handgun golf

Standard Velocity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I like to shoot at golf balls with 22’s and occasionally 9mm/357/45 while my rifle barrel cools down. Keeps me occupied and away from blowing down the muzzle.

A friend loaned me his 454 Casull as consolation for refusing to sell it to me. I bought some 45 LC and hot 454 ammo and plinked between shots with my new rifle. The craters left in the wet dirt and 15 foot high explosions of mud were impressive.

Then I remembered there were a few golf balls in the bed of the truck. They disappeared so fast I needed a spotter. Eventually I found one of the balls 55 yards down range.

upload_2020-3-14_7-34-29.jpeg

The bullet made a small hole in one side with no exit. I could see the base of the bullet just below the surface with no bulge on the opposite side. Golf balls are tough.

Ended up finding several of the Hornady bullets down range (two pictured). The 300 grain XTP held together really well. They use a cannelure and are not bonded. Hitting hard packed wet sandy/loamy dirt at 15 yards there appeared to be minimal weight loss and the wonky deformation surely was from the severe angle. I’d have confidence in this bullet for deer at handgun ranges.

The golf balls didn’t fare so well against the 308 though. Just yellow dust.

upload_2020-3-14_7-48-35.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
(n)(n):eek::barefoot::whistle::ROFLMAO:
How many guns (clubs) would seem proper and caliber/gauge limits.

Birdie would have to be changed to: quail, dove, pigeon, or other such small hunted quarry. Shotgun only.

Eagles are protected so that would have to be changed to: pheasant, grouse, or turkey. Shotgun only.

Tee time changed to range time.

Hhhmmm.....

Dont think many spectators would be lined up along the lanes (fairways) or clustered around the target (greens/holes).

Strokes would be called bullets or shots?

NOPE! Just dont see how handgun golf would ever catch on.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(n)(n):eek::barefoot::whistle::ROFLMAO:
How many guns (clubs) would seem proper and caliber/gauge limits.

Birdie would have to be changed to: quail, dove, pigeon, or other such small hunted quarry. Shotgun only.

Eagles are protected so that would have to be changed to: pheasant, grouse, or turkey. Shotgun only.

Tee time changed to range time.

Hhhmmm.....

Dont think many spectators would be lined up along the lanes (fairways) or clustered around the target (greens/holes).

Strokes would be called bullets or shots?

NOPE! Just dont see how handgun golf would ever catch on.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You just described all the reasons I want to pursue this new sport as a career.

Cannot find any of those memes that say "Shooting is just like golf, but louder". Hope these will do:

golf.jpg
meditation.jpg

Unfortunately here in RSA it is illegal to shoot at anything other than the target, so I guess gun golf wouldn't catch on... UNLESS we used private ranges on a farm...

Golf balls with handguns? Clay pigeons with shotguns? Old Chevys or Land Rovers with large bore rifles? A target is a target! Ha! Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.