Half-Price Custom Single Shot For Dangerous Game New

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
As I prepare for my next Africa trip I'm trying to shore up some extra funds. As such, I'm offering a REALLY nice rifle that has about $10,000 invested into it for half price.

Caliber: 458 Lott
Action type: Falling Block (Ruger #1 Frame)

The gun was built with everything best quality and custom-custom-custom. Action from Ruger. ($700) Upgraded factory wood with great figure. A large fortune spent on parts from New England Custom Gun for the project such as: Vintage english rear sling stud. ($50) Front barrel mounted barrel band. ($100) Hinged rifle grip cap. ($300) Masterpiece front sight ramp with hood. ($300) Standing and 2 folding leaf arrangement for quarter rib. ($150) Soft 1" magnum recoil pad similar to a silvers. ($60)

Additional parts: I'm pretty confident that the barrel is not factory but is actually a custom barrel because it is extra thick and the barrel length is 23", a length I do not believe was offered OEM. (Add $1000 to make and install premium barrel plus affix quarter rib, etc) Also includes a pair of Hornady 458 dies. ($150) Hand select ruger wood. ($250)

Labor work: Install sights front and rear. Regulate standing and folding sights properly. ($750) Install barrel band. ($100) Action work and trigger work. ($200) Safety work to insure good ejection. ($150) Inlet and install grip cap. ($150) Install and fit factory wood. ($250) Rust blue entire gun. ($450)

Engraving: Fantastic scroll engraving full coverage on action. Portrait vignettes of elephant and cape buffalo on both panels. Barrel near breech scroll engraved. Barrel band engraved. Front sight ramp scroll engraved. ($4000-$5000 in work)

If you want a really nice gun for Africa for pretty reasonable money, this is the gun. It will stop a bull elephant in its tracks. The gun has not been shot since regulation by the gunsmith. I purchased it from a collector's estate and now realize I have too many guns for Africa. (3 is the limit per trip!)

The 458 Lott is an amazing cartridge that is backwards compatible with the 458 Winchester if ammo goes missing on safari. Unfortunately, since 458 Lott is a relatively new cartridge you do not see many fine guns in this caliber. Here is the opportunity to own a quality gun with soul that pays homage to the Gibbs Farquarsen design but in a completely up to date and desirable caliber.

Price less than half of cost to build: $4750

IMG_2081.JPG
IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2084.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG
IMG_2086.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

Beautiful rifle Rookhawk

Response to traders, wheelers, dealers, etc. :)

I like British shotguns and rifles. (Doubles, singles and magazine) Occasionally model 70s and 21s. Not much else. It would have to have wow factor and you'd have to trade at the same cut-rate values as my no-nonsense price offered for this gun.

I'm asking for this gun roughly the cost of the engraving OR the gun smithing, not even both!

Hell of a deal @rookhawk! I'm sure it'll be sold in no time.

Beautiful #1! The 458 Lott will take care of any dangerous game!

Ruger uses a pretty hefty barrel in its .458 Win #1, and 23" is about what you would have after cutting off the original banded front sight. Just saying it could be a Ruger barrel. All I know is #1 rifles kick like hell in the heavy calibers. Very nice rifle.

Ruger uses a pretty hefty barrel in its .458 Win #1, and 23" is about what you would have after cutting off the original banded front sight. Just saying it could be a Ruger barrel. All I know is #1 rifles kick like hell in the heavy calibers. Very nice rifle.

Yes they do kick. I have this rifle In 458 Lott also. Mine is no where near as nice as this one however. One thing for sure the 458 Lott will take down anything walking!

Alright, I'll offer the following options for those interested since I'm hearing the gun is great and the price is fair but everyone is broke:

1.) I'll sell for $4500 and free shipping now

OR

2.) I'll sell for the $4750 advertised above with free shipping on a layaway plan. $2000 down. Six months to pay the balance.

Way to be creative, to help get the deal done!

It is a very nice rifle...sooner or later, someone is going to cave!

The audience is small at the price point, but the rifle is a great value at that price, so someone is going to buy it, I am certain.

People here have been so good to me...I'd like to offer a deal-sweetener on this rifle.

Anyone buys this rifle, and I will send these english walnut blanks to you, free.

Perfect wood to add to this beautiful rifle.

IMG_0170.JPG

Yes they do kick. I have this rifle In 458 Lott also. Mine is no where near as nice as this one however. One thing for sure the 458 Lott will take down anything walking!
at both ends charlie???

People here have been so good to me...I'd like to offer a deal-sweetener on this rifle.

Anyone buys this rifle, and I will send these english walnut blanks to you, free.

Perfect wood to add to this beautiful rifle.

View attachment 151272

@tarbe you are a gracious gentleman. That piece of walnut looks absolutely fantastic and the grain at the wrist is absolutely perfect. Last time I purchased a set of wood of that quality I paid $1200. Extremely generous offer you've made.

Round of applause for the generosity of @tarbe please!

Has any work been done on the action, to true and smooth it maybe? The action on my No. 1 is kind of rough and clunky, at least as compared to my two other single-shot rifles.

But I love single-shot rifles, and this one is a beauty.

Has any work been done on the action, to true and smooth it maybe? The action on my No. 1 is kind of rough and clunky, at least as compared to my two other single-shot rifles.

But I love single-shot rifles, and this one is a beauty.

From initial ad:

Action work and trigger work. Safety work to insure good ejection.

@tarbe did you let the blanks go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg