Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
Lets see the people that can join the half moon club!

We all know this has happened to a lot of us in the past, who has a half moon cut on the forehead from a rifle scope, our very own famous @Royal27 has been willing to be the first guinea pig...here's his photo. Witnessed by @gizmo and @ActionBob .
royal moon.jpg

Please post your pics...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there done that, but no pics. Once and only once have I done that, about 25 years ago with a 7mm Rem Mag.

I'm fortunately not in this club, but it was my CZ in 505 Gibbs that got Royal. After passing it around at Gizmo's place and several guys, inexperienced shooting big bores, took turns. Both Royal and I carefully explained how to hold and shoot a big bore, having them dry fire, etc.

Then Royal was gracious enough to show everyone how not to do it. :sneaky::rolleyes::confused:

I'm fortunately not in this club, but it was my CZ in 505 Gibbs that got Royal. After passing it around at Gizmo's place and several guys, inexperienced shooting big bores, took turns. Both Royal and I carefully explained how to hold and shoot a big bore, having them dry fire, etc.

Then Royal was gracious enough to show everyone how not to do it. :sneaky::rolleyes::confused:

Bless his big ole Texas heart! :D

I got hit with a Leupold scope on a 50 bmg bolt rifle one time (only one time). But it was before everyone has a camera phone in their pocket, so no pics thankfully. Man, did it bleeed! Everywhere!!

Lets see the people that can join the half moon club!

We all know this has happened to a lot of us in the past, who has a half moon cut on the forehead from a rifle scope, our very own famous @Royal27 has been willing to be the first guinea pig...here's his photo. Witnessed by @gizmo and @ActionBob .View attachment 161633

Please post your pics...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Royal27 it was nice of @gizmo to let you use his pink ears:D

Isn't this the "Roy Weatherby Fan Club"?

Back in the late 1960's or early 70's, I heard a man at my local rifle range, refer to this type of injury as:

"Weatherby Eyebrow".

Now Heres a Club That I'm glad I'm not a member of

@ActionBob that rifle hit me a couple times but thankfully never hard enough to draw blood. ive never had a rifle draw blood on my head but ive had a double rifle cut me real good with the front trigger! worse part is it happened when I was showing some other people how to use a double rifle :oops:.

-matt

@ActionBob that rifle hit me a couple times but thankfully never hard enough to draw blood. ive never had a rifle draw blood on my head but ive had a double rifle cut me real good with the front trigger! worse part is it happened when I was showing some other people how to use a double rifle :oops:.

-matt

That makes me feel.a little better Matt. I didn't realize it had hit you.

No documented pics, but have scoped myself a time or two over the years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.