H335 at Midway

Thanks for the heads up.

I understand, nothing against your heads up post. It’s the 1 pound limit I was commenting on. It jacks the price up fast with the haz mat.
But it’s selling.

Is powder this hard to come by in the Lower 48? Gun shows here in Alaska have plenty of powder and primers, too. Prices are up, yes, but neither item is in short supply. I'm selling off 90% of my guns and reloading room inventory and it's going but not as fast as it would in the Lower States.

Is powder this hard to come by in the Lower 48? Gun shows here in Alaska have plenty of powder and primers, too. Prices are up, yes, but neither item is in short supply. I'm selling off 90% of my guns and reloading room inventory and it's going but not as fast as it would in the Lower States.
EVERYTHING reloading component wise is MIA for the most part in the lower 48 at this time. Brass, bullets, powder, primers, DIES, etc. Different available components pop up here and there at REASONABLE prices, but if you miss their postings by an hour or less, they tend to be gone. A lot of the powder is going for $80-100/lb., plus hazmat shipping and tax. AND, forget trying to find factory ammo in MANY common hunting cartridges. Hell, you can’t find SHOTGUN SHELLS! Like many/most others, I have to work and can’t search for “good deals” on stuff 24/7 online. I’m fortunate to have bought components and some factory ammo over the last couple of years, but I feel for those that didn’t and especially the new hunters and reloaders. It WILL get better eventually, but it’s fairly slim pickens down here right now.

Will this nonsense ever end???
It will eventually, but right now it’s very discouraging and exhausting. I think it’s gone from “panic” buying to just trying to find “reasonable “ prices on items when they become available? And those are few and far between and “gone in sixty seconds” (maybe minutes?). LOL

From what I’m seeing by me is all powders went up $8 to $12 per pound, depending on what powder it is. Handgun ball and flake $8/$10 and rifle extruded $10/$12. I think it’s the new normal.
And powder has been available by me, not like it use to be though.
Primers are very scarce. In the shops (if they do have them) they are $80/$100 a carton.
Bullets prices went up everywhere, especially online retailers.

From what I’m seeing by me is all powders went up $8 to $12 per pound, depending on what powder it is. Handgun ball and flake $8/$10 and rifle extruded $10/$12. I think it’s the new normal.
And powder has been available by me, not like it use to be though.
Primers are very scarce. In the shops (if they do have them) they are $80/$100 a carton.
Bullets prices went up everywhere, especially online retailers.
Don’t forget brass? Yeah, I think it depends on where you live. Checking Cabelas, Bass Pro, Scheels, Sportsmans Warehouse by me and it’s hit or miss, depending on the day of the week, full or dark moon, whether they have ANYTHING. When they do, it doesn’t last long. I just don’t have the time, and less and less of an inclination as time goes on to play this silly ass game. I’ll use what I have available and buy reasonably priced stuff when I find it, but I’m no longer making it a second career.

Sorry to hear the above comments. At the gun show a week from today I will bring a dozen bricks of primers and several 5 and 8 lb. jugs of powder--3031, 4198, 4831, RL 15, Blue Dot. I sell on the forums but can't ship powder, primers or ammo at a reasonable cost as they have to fly overnight air express as it's 2000 miles of Canada via road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElvisHertz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!