Gun Room & Trophy Room Done

Finally we filled the gaps with shredded tyres. The rubber grabs onto cutting tools. Its not foolproof but pretty good.
Wow I bet that would burn hot if it ever caught fire! Of course even concrete with rebar can be cut through with the right tools (we do it all the time). But it takes time and major effort. Love the concept of a pepper spray system;)

You sir have fine tastes! I think most of us would agree this is an excellent design. From the woodwork to the color of the paint to the nice mix of European mounts and shoulder mounts it is extremely well done. Makes me think of how I can add on to my guest lodge/trophy room. We always need more space!
Regards,
Philip

Philip I am trying to design one of these into my current basement layout. Your are spot in with regards to how this one was designed , woodwork, paint color......
I want one!

Philip I am trying to design one of these into my current basement layout. Your are spot in with regards to how this one was designed , woodwork, paint color......
I want one!
Charlie I'd love to see your design;) How many guns are you thinking of building for? I just bought a new safe but would love to get away from those darn things and all the hassle it entails getting guns in and out... Not to mention the little dings:(

Ironic I had missed this thread as I was in Texas when it started. All I can say General @Red Leg is wow.....I mean wow!! That is an awesome room!

Charlie I'd love to see your design;) How many guns are you thinking of building for? I just bought a new safe but would love to get away from those darn things and all the hassle it entails getting guns in and out... Not to mention the little dings:(

Bob I am playing around with this thing In My head. I want it to be a gun room and a safe room as well as a place to put all things hunting! I want a vault door on it. But I'm thinking a room set up fir fifty guns! Don't have that many but then I would need to acquire some new hardware!

Bob I am playing around with this thing In My head. I want it to be a gun room and a safe room as well as a place to put all things hunting! I want a vault door on it. But I'm thinking a room set up fir fifty guns! Don't have that many but then I would need to acquire some new hardware!

I like your attitude @CAustin! Build to the collection you want to have rather than the one you have now!

Finest trophy room I've ever seen. (as defined by elegance, decor, and blending taxidermy into the narrative of the overall home)

Love the militaria, travel, hunting, natural history and ornithology all blended in the living spaces.

Great job @Red Leg !

Beautiful. Also thank you, your first picture just solved a question I have been considering for a while on a gun room security. Did you use AS500 steel for the lattice work on the walls?

Not sure - we had a bit of a debate on steel hardness - our supplier could provide three different. We wanted something highly resistant to tools, but also something we could drill on site with a drill press (all those mounting and connecting screws and bolts had to be drilled and counter sunk). Also, we cut material to length (diamond blade) on site, so we were affecting temper in the last couple of inches of the resulting ends. Therefore, we requenched after each cut.

Very elegant room. I like it.

charlie,its obvious to me that you must be the C.E.O. of wal-mart,and not a stock replacement clerk.

Working my way up the ladder @edward

That is a room to make any of us envious!

Well done sir.

R.

I have never heard anybody say they built their trophy room too large. looks great and congrats!

Very classy room!

I think behind every good man, is a woman looking to liquidate their husband's hunting collection :sneaky:

I have a favorite saying (not my original) that says "my greatest fear is that my widow will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"

Nice man! This looks great. No wonder you were looking for a way to secure your guns. It's like walking into cabelas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois