Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CPT, Cavalry US Army, Retired
Hunted
South Africa, MO, CO, SD
Have lurked for several weeks doing recon for June, 2020 safari to RSA with Somerby Safaris. Thanks to all who have worked so hard to collect all the great knowledge stored here.

Desired animals for my first safari, 2nd trip to Africa:
1. Kudu
2. Gemsbock
3. Wildebeast
4. Zebra
5. Impala

Welcome aboard USMA84DAB. There are a number of AH members living in your area. Hopefully they will reply. Perhaps you guys can meet up at the Parma Woods Range or at a meeting of the KC Chapter of the S.C.I.
Are you planning on taking your own rifles or renting. How about telling us a little more about yourself as related to hunting? Things like what have you hunted previously, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload.

Welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your hunt report in 2020!!

Welcome to AH! First safaris are to most a life changing experience. I always say "Never pass up a really big warthog!" Somerby is a great group of people. They exhibit every year at Kansas City SCI chapter Hunters Expo. We would love to have you as a member if you aren't already.

Welcome to AH!

Yes there are many AH members from Missouri like myself- welcome!

USMA84DAB Welcome to AH! Hope you will share a report with us after your 1st Africa hunt? Warning...it’s highly addictive!

Welcome, good luck on your first African safari, hope to see a report on your return.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH USMA84DAB!

Welcome to AH. I know you will find this to be a great resource for planning a safari.
Regards,
Philip

Hello from a fellow Missouri resident.

Welcome to AH !

Giday and welcome to the A H forums

IAW Shootist 43's request:

I am taking a 38 Turk Mauser rebuilt into a .35 Whelen Ackley Improved with a scout scope mounted - either a Vortex 2-7 or a Leupold 2.5X.

Wife is taking a VZ24 rebuilt into a .308 scout rifle with a Leupold 2.5X mounted.

Like any true American, I do not own enough rifles.

However, I do have a Garand, AR-15 or two, "AR-10" or two, 10/22, and several VZ-24s and a P17 Enfield waiting to be built.

I reload 9x19, .45ACP, 7.62x51, .30-06, .35WAI, 8mm Mauser.

I have slain a few deer in MO, and sought elk near Gunnison, CO once with no meat on the pole, but good hunting experience.

Oh yeah, why go to Parma Woods ( a conservation department run range nearby) when I have 25 yard range two steps out my back door, and a 100 yard range on the south end of my property?! The only trouble is I am the one that has to keep the thing mowed during the crummy MO summer - 98 degrees and heat index of 110! YUK!! Not getting paid to be miserable anymore!

Glad to have ya. Nothing like your first safari! But then again there is nothing like hunting in Africa! Quite additive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg