AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
Anyone ever shot these? Curious about the results of reliability, accuracy, etc.
thanks my fellow hunters

IMG_1433.JPG

Those look like glue on broadheads that have had a screw in point glued into them. They appear very similar to the GrizzlyStik broadheads I have just purchased from Alaska Bowhunting Supply, but I have not hunted with mine yet. My next hunt is this weekend, if it is dry enough. I wasn't planning on using these arrows as I only have two in my test pack for the 650 grain combos and don't want to use my 1,250 grain arrows on feral pigs.

Alsaka Bowhunting discontinued their left hand bevel heads and only have right hand bevel now.

Those are Grizzly heads but not from Alaska Bowhunting supply same name different outfit. They come in three sizes and were the head that Dr. Ashby originally recommended and did a lot of his tests with. You can purchase them without the screw in inserts and buy steel inserts from Three Rivers Supply for more weight and a lot more strength. They penetrate very well and are tough, but you need to make certain they spin good with the inserts that are glued in, possibly adjusting them some.

Those look like glue on broadheads that have had a screw in point glued into them. They appear very similar to the GrizzlyStik broadheads I have just purchased from Alaska Bowhunting Supply, but I have not hunted with mine yet. My next hunt is this weekend, if it is dry enough. I wasn't planning on using these arrows as I only have two in my test pack for the 650 grain combos and don't want to use my 1,250 grain arrows on feral pigs.

Alsaka Bowhunting discontinued their left hand bevel heads and only have right hand bevel now.

Thanks. I'm also looking to use them as a backup plan in case my Helix don't arrive in time before I go on a hog hunt in three weeks.

Those are Grizzly heads but not from Alaska Bowhunting supply same name different outfit. They come in three sizes and were the head that Dr. Ashby originally recommended and did a lot of his tests with. You can purchase them without the screw in inserts and buy steel inserts from Three Rivers Supply for more weight and a lot more strength. They penetrate very well and are tough, but you need to make certain they spin good with the inserts that are glued in, possibly adjusting them some.

That entire spin testing and adjusting them is well over my head. Trying to stick with 200grain broadheads and as a backup as my first choice are currently on back order.
Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.