Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
I can't say that I didn't expect it.

These hunts will be in and out of courts for years before there is actually a hunt that goes on.

Would have been a shock if these hunts had gone forward. Sadly the most likely outcome is what actually happened.
Activist judges and ballot initiatives are the bane of sound game management. Hopefully Wyoming, Idaho and Montana will keep fighting the good fight. Maybe someday...

Where are the wildlife activists when we talk about mountain caribou?

How can you just keep moving the goal posts all the time. If you agree what recovery looks like and then achieve it that's a success story.

Now you all know that a judge knows best~

this bitch needs to be fed to the grizzles that she is condemning to death.

The judge is a man, most likely a girly one.

Drom Dallas Safari Club

(Sept. 26, 2018 - DALLAS) -- A federal judge has reinstated federal protection for grizzly bears in the Greater Yellowstone region blocking planned hunts in Idaho and Wyoming.

On Sept. 24, 2018, Federal U.S. District Judge Dana Christensen disregarded the advice of numbers of wildlife biologists and conservation experts when he ruled to overturn the March 2017 decision by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to delist the grizzly bears in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem from Endangered Species Act (ESA) protections. This ruling was made despite the fact that the region's grizzly population has recovered and no longer meets the definition of threatened or endangered, according to ESA standards.

DSC is among several conservation groups to raise their voices in opposition to this decision.
"We stand for wildlife conservation, and this ruling flies in the face of sound science-based principles," said DSC Executive Director Corey Mason, Certified Wildlife Biologist™. "Anti-hunters are influencing the courts and punishing due process to push their agendas. We do not want this disturbing trend to hinder grizzly conservation in the Greater Yellowstone region."

With a population of just 136, grizzlies were classified as threatened under the Endangered Species Act in 1975, putting the bears under federal recovery process. When the grizzly population reached an estimated 700 in 2017, the USFWS delisted the Greater Yellowstone grizzly bears, extending management authority to the states of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho individually.

After dealing with delisting legal issues in the past, Montana decided to postpone consideration for a 2018 hunt, while Wyoming officials had planned to allow hunters to take up to 22 bears this fall and Idaho planned a hunt for one single bear. Two days before the hunting seasons were set to open, Judge Christensen issued a 14-day temporary restraining order after a hearing on August 30 regarding the grizzly bear's ESA protections. This ruling disabled any implementation or authorization of the hunt by the Wyoming and Idaho game departments.

With the current ruling from the judge, the Wyoming Fish and Game Department has suspended the grizzly bear hunting season pending further direction.

This newest ruling follows a 2007 attempt by the Department of Interior to delist Yellowstone grizzlies, a decision that was also contested by environmental groups and later overturned by the federal courts.
Federal and state officials have said they are contemplating how they will proceed and whether to appeal.

I read in another article his whole argument was based on failure to prove it wouldn't impact on genetic diversity and stated that the biologists were arbitrarily deciding it was good enough.

Good to know he's more around that than the people who dedicate their lives to it.

Damn liberals. They just don't understand conservation.

The only one winning in these wolf and grizzly court cases is the lawyers. It's a joke. The antis are not balancing the ecosystem. I have read wildlife experts and ecosystem reports, they say the only thing that had benefited with increased predators was the bird population....they thought the vegetation and everything else would greatly improve and it hasn't. They say humans have altered the environment too much already.

There are some facts here. The lawsuit was brought by the Crow Nation. This is simply a temporary restraining order, and The plaintiff's received it because they were able to demonstrate irreparable harm to their stance if the hunt went forward. The harm is that they want no bears killed until their case is heard. This has nothing to do with libtard activist judges or environmentalists. It has everything to do with case law and the standards for issuing restraining orders to prevent some action that is being litigated, where the action would obviate the existing suit. Now, I will give you that the written decision is not as public as some, and it took me almost 30 seconds to find it using google (I can usually find a case in less than 10 seconds). Read it and see what this is really about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg