Gregory Sheehan Appointed Deputy Director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Safari Club International (SCI) today praised the appointment of Gregory Sheehan as Deputy Director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Director Sheehan has served as the Director of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources since 2012. He is a member of SCI and has been a key participant for several years at SCI's annual Western Directors' Forum at the SCI Convention.

He is an avid hunter and has hunted in the U.S. and in Africa. Director Sheehan is very familiar with many of the issues that affect SCI members and their abilities to hunt and participate in sustainable use conservation in the U.S. and abroad. He has served as Chair of the Threatened and Endangered Policy Committee of the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies and has been a member of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Federal/State Joint ESA Task Force. He also serves on the Board of the Council to Advance Hunting and Shooting Sports.

Director Sheehan has worked for 25 years in the natural resources and wildlife management community. In Utah, he championed a proactive approach to growing and sustaining wildlife populations. During his five years as Utah's Director, the state's mule deer population increased by more than 100,000 animals, leading to increased hunting and viewing opportunities for the public.

He is also a long-term advocate for shooting sports. Under his leadership the National Archery in the Schools program in Utah tripled its number of participants.

Director Sheehan earned his degree at Utah State University and later received a Masters in Business Administration. He and his wife have been married for 30 years and have two sons.

SCI welcomes Director Sheehan to Washington, D.C. and we look forward to working with him to address the domestic and international wildlife management and conservation concerns of SCI and the broader hunting community.

Source: https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-...irector-of-the-u.s.-fish-and-wildlife-service

Wonder why he is not being appointed "DIRECTOR"?

Is he replacing that BUM in charge?

There is an ACTING Director at the moment. The Nemesis has resigned.

Good news for folks here in the states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!