Greetings

Welcome to AH!

Welcome,
This is a great place to start. Get ready to spend some money, some mighty persuasive characters around here!
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome to AH. There are some gun nuts around here that will be happy to indulge you.

Welcome aboard!

Thumper 15, welcome to a fun forum full of excellent info! Just being here may get expensive, ie, a new gun or two, a trip to Africa or two, or three, or etc!:LOL::D:ROFLMAO:
Enjoy!

Welcome to AH thumper15!

Welcome to AH sir.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Hello everyone,
I joined here to gain knowledge of the guns and cartridges used in africa and elsewhere of the big bore sort.

Hello thumper15,

And, welcome to the best forum in the world.
African rifles and cartridges ?
Well then, you have come to the right place.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

PS:
I spent most of my money on proper rifles and big game hunting.
The rest I just wasted.

Well, the expensive part is a given as I have 3 actions I've been debating on what to do with, vz24, mauser 98, and a Mark X with mag bolt face.

Welcome to AH

Thumper 15, welcome aboard. Is there a specific thought or reason for wanting to find out about "big bores?" Do you have any thoughts or plans to hunt Africa? What do you consider a "big bore?" What species of game are you thinking about taking with it? What is the largest caliber you've ever fired? Do you reload? Your InterArms Mark X with a magnum bolt face may handle a 404 Jeffery. I'm not a gunsmith but others on this site can tell you for sure. Do you barrel actions yourself, or have someone do it for you? If someone else does, you might ask him what your options and associated costs are. Depending on your skill set and or the size of your wallet, you can do a lot with a K 98 action. You might redirect your question concerning the three actions you have to the Gunsmithing Forum on AH. One thing for sure, you'll get a lot of options.

Thanks guys,

Shootist43; My thoughts has always been one of interest and reason has always been to have a few.

Have always thought about africa and a desire to hunt there, as far as species mainly plains game but a buffalo
would be the only goal if going for dangerous game.

Largest I've fired were 338 and 375 Blackmesa Express, which are full length 404 cases necked to both calibers
basically RUMs but were before remington came out with them.

As far as smithing I can do pretty much everything but lathe work as I don't have one yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,