Greetings to Africa Forum Members

AlabamaEd

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, Maury county TN Rifle Club
Greetings from Beautiful North Alabama, USA. A little about myself to start. I am employed as a program manager for a defense contractor in Huntsville, Al. I am married for 47 years and nearing retirement. I have 3 married children and 8 grand children who live west of St. Louis, Mo. I have been hunting and shooting and reloading since I was 15. The late Joyce Hornady (Hornady Bullet Company) helped me to learn reloading in the 1960s when I lived in Grand Island, Nebraska. I have hunted over most of North America including Alaska and Canada and some in Europe. I have a friend who is an outfitter for African hunts and have initially scheduled a plains game hunt for early 2011. I hope to learn much from the experiences of the forum members in the next few months. Glad to be a part of the forum.
Blessings to all,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum of AH , share with us all your hunting experiences, all the best for your upcoming African safari .

Monish

Welcome to the forum. Lots to learn here.

nd

Welcome to AH Paul! Glad you decided to join. Where did your friend set you up on your plains game hunt?

Welcome to AH Paul! Glad you decided to join. Where did your friend set you up on your plains game hunt?

Hunt is not totally set up yet. As I understand it will be in South Africa. I talked to him last night and he is sending me information, i.e., contracts, prices etc. I should know more in a few days. At this time it is a 1x1 with my wife going as observer. Menu is plains game with possibility of buffalo if price is right. My priorities are kudu, wildebeast, impala and warthog. Don't know how much I can stuff into 7 days, but I will try.

Hallo Paul. Welcome to a fantastic forum and a lot of new friends with same passion, meaning hunting ! Regards from your fellow hunter in Sweden.
Kind regards and God bless.
Michael

Welcome Paul, sounds like you'll have the time to spend here on AH, and time it takes. Something I don't have much of. But the time I do spend here is very informative and friendly, enjoy.

Good luck with you planning of the hunt. Africa is kick ass hunting. I will be heading to Namibia and then returning to SA for the third time this Sept./Oct. I will be hunting 18 days.

Talk about addicted.

Welcome You will find a lot of info here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg