Greetings from Virginia

Viral_SIGness

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Found this site while reading up on the .375 Ruger. I've always wanted one, and I'm finally getting one. It's a 2007 Ruger Alaskan with the DiamondBlack finish. I've got a friend who is a PH in South Africa, and he wants me to come hunting with him, so I'm getting ready. The .375 will be my do it all rifle. As he says they use one bullet and one load for everything, so that's what I'm going to do as well. Thanks for letting me join here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Viral_SIGness. What timeframe do you have for the hunt? What species will you be going after? Although it may be different now, a short while back there was one and only one load available in Africa for the 375 Ruger. That was probably why it was used for "everything."

Welcome aboard Kinnis. What timeframe do you have for the hunt? What species will you be going after? Although it may be different now, a short while back there was one and only one load available in Africa for the 375 Ruger. That was probably why it was used for "everything."
Here is what my friend sent me:
5x warthog male/female
10x springbok female (thin horns)
2x blesbok female (they have good horns, often RW)
2x impala female.
1x black wildebeest female. (they have good horns). 2 hunters. 7 days hunting.

He also knows, Black Death is my dream hunt :D

Here is what my friend sent me:

He also knows, Black Death is my dream hunt :D

Welcome to the forum. Sure someone will jump in here with some info on the .375 Ruger. What is your friend's outfit called?

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH

Viral_SIGness, welcome to the AH forum! You pick a good middle of the road cartridge capable of taking anything in Africa. I have used my 375 H&H on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. When I do my part, it does it’s part.
Question...just what one bullet does your friend use? I’m guessing the 300 grain Swift A-frame?

Welcome to AH Viral_SIGness!

Welcome to AH

Viral_SIGness, welcome to the AH forum! You pick a good middle of the road cartridge capable of taking anything in Africa. I have used my 375 H&H on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. When I do my part, it does it’s part.
Question...just what one bullet does your friend use? I’m guessing the 300 grain Swift A-frame?
He uses Peregrines, if I spelled that right.

Welcome to the forum. Sure someone will jump in here with some info on the .375 Ruger. What is your friend's outfit called?

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
Here is his website
https://www.bullet-behavior.com
Screenshot_20200430-102336_Samsung Internet.jpg

Peregrines are a mono metal and seem to have a good reputation. They were imported to the US, but I think that may have stopped.

https://besthuntingbullets.com/

Found this site while reading up on the .375 Ruger. I've always wanted one, and I'm finally getting one. It's a 2007 Ruger Alaskan with the DiamondBlack finish. I've got a friend who is a PH in South Africa, and he wants me to come hunting with him, so I'm getting ready. The .375 will be my do it all rifle. As he says they use one bullet and one load for everything, so that's what I'm going to do as well. Thanks for letting me join here.

Welcome to AH! I live in Arizona now as you can probably guess, but I'm a Hokie alumni and do miss SW Virginia. Congrats on the new rifle!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Viral SIGness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you