Greetings from the Show Me state

S.W. Smith

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
My name is S.W Smith. By trade I am a professional writer. My goal over the next year and a half while I finish my bachelor's degree is to create my own motorcycle adventure and hunting show. I recently got into hunting about 2 months ago and was inspired by Corey Knowlton's appearance on the Joe Rogan Podcast; coupled with a serious binge of Jim Shockey's Uncharted and Solo Hunter.

No one in my family hunted growing-up, and despite shooting bows and guns since I was twelve I never gave hunting much thought. I was never against hunting, but I never considered doing it. I have been fishing since I was a very young child so the concept of catching my own food was never foreign to me. Something sparked inside me recently though with the thought of learning to hunt and becoming a hunter. I have this insatiable drive to immerse myself in the hunting culture and lifestyle. As I have been learning, I have given myself to truly understanding and appreciating the complex and diverse world of hunting.

This fall will be my first hunt ever. I have two different landowners that are going to take me hunting on their property for white-tailed deer, my barber is going to take me turkey hunting during bow season, and I am hoping to get a cougar tag in Washington State when I go to visit family for Christmas.

I decided to join this site after reading, "Death in the Long Grass" by Peter Hathaway Capstick and looking for information about hunting Africa. I lurked for a couple weeks to check it out and was more than excited to see people who not only had deep knowledge of hunting, but shared many of my ideas on hunting ethics. I hope I can be a positive participant in this community and soak-up as much knowledge as possible so I can one day achieve my bigger goal of hunting Africa. Thank you for reading this.

Best regards,

S.W. Smith

Welcome to AH!! You will find all you need right here :)

S.W. welcome to AH, enjoy the adventure.

Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Looking forward to reading your post and having you share your experiences with us.

Welcome to a great community Smith!

R.

Welcome to the site

Welcome to AH !

Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.

Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.
You only get this one life; I say make the most of it. Regardless of the cost, that one adventure would be worth a lifetime.

On another note, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome!!

You've made a couple of great posts already. I look forward to your continued contributions!!!

Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Good luck with your show.

Welcome to AH, I'm glad you joined.

Welcome to A.H.! I guess if you are on a motorcycle then you don't have to get used to right hand drive, just the "wrong "side of the road. Good luck with your dreams.

Welcome to AH from a fellow Missouri hunter

Welcome sir, my kinda guy, hunting and motorcycles.....Hopefully in the future you will be able to publish positive writings on hunting and conservation. Look forward to your future post's.

Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your time here, and the planning of your adventures.

Tim

Welcome to AH!

All the best from Romania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross