Greetings from the Show Me state

S.W. Smith

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
My name is S.W Smith. By trade I am a professional writer. My goal over the next year and a half while I finish my bachelor's degree is to create my own motorcycle adventure and hunting show. I recently got into hunting about 2 months ago and was inspired by Corey Knowlton's appearance on the Joe Rogan Podcast; coupled with a serious binge of Jim Shockey's Uncharted and Solo Hunter.

No one in my family hunted growing-up, and despite shooting bows and guns since I was twelve I never gave hunting much thought. I was never against hunting, but I never considered doing it. I have been fishing since I was a very young child so the concept of catching my own food was never foreign to me. Something sparked inside me recently though with the thought of learning to hunt and becoming a hunter. I have this insatiable drive to immerse myself in the hunting culture and lifestyle. As I have been learning, I have given myself to truly understanding and appreciating the complex and diverse world of hunting.

This fall will be my first hunt ever. I have two different landowners that are going to take me hunting on their property for white-tailed deer, my barber is going to take me turkey hunting during bow season, and I am hoping to get a cougar tag in Washington State when I go to visit family for Christmas.

I decided to join this site after reading, "Death in the Long Grass" by Peter Hathaway Capstick and looking for information about hunting Africa. I lurked for a couple weeks to check it out and was more than excited to see people who not only had deep knowledge of hunting, but shared many of my ideas on hunting ethics. I hope I can be a positive participant in this community and soak-up as much knowledge as possible so I can one day achieve my bigger goal of hunting Africa. Thank you for reading this.

Best regards,

S.W. Smith

petrusg

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH!! You will find all you need right here :)

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
S.W. welcome to AH, enjoy the adventure.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Looking forward to reading your post and having you share your experiences with us.

Redruff

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Botswana, RSA, Scotland, Canada
Welcome to a great community Smith!

R.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to the site

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH !

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.

S.W. Smith

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Welcome Mr. Smith! I have this recurring dream of shipping my Harley and a couple of rifles over to Africa, crusing the various countries and stopping every so often for a few days of hunting. Crazy I suppose.
You only get this one life; I say make the most of it. Regardless of the cost, that one adventure would be worth a lifetime.

On another note, thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Welcome!!

You've made a couple of great posts already. I look forward to your continued contributions!!!

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Welcome to AH S.W Smith! Good luck with your show.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH, I'm glad you joined.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Welcome to A.H.! I guess if you are on a motorcycle then you don't have to get used to right hand drive, just the "wrong "side of the road. Good luck with your dreams.

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Welcome to AH from a fellow Missouri hunter

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Welcome sir, my kinda guy, hunting and motorcycles.....Hopefully in the future you will be able to publish positive writings on hunting and conservation. Look forward to your future post's.

tarbe

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your time here, and the planning of your adventures.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khangdiensaigonvn

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?