Greetings from the Northeast US

Bsto270

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good Morning from Southeastern PA, USA. I have been on here for a bit now, but never got around to doing a formal greeting. I originally came on here as a silent guest to do some research on setting up a couples safari in 2017. The more I have looked around and posted, the more I can say this is by far and away one of the best forums I have ever seen in terms of breadth of topics covered, civil conversation, and good ol fashioned knowledge. I am in the produce business (wholesale). Besides hunting, as my avatar would indicate, I am an avid angler (fly, bait, lure, any gear, you name it) and even did some trapping when I was younger. I came up in a family that raised and hunted over beagles, and have had the opportunity to do some raccoon hunting over hounds, so I have a soft spot for good hounds and the people who hunt over them. It has been exciting talking to a ton of outfitters (with more contacting me everyday is seems). I cannot describe how excited I am to finally be planning for a trip to Africa.

good stuff ,bsto270
welcome to the conversations .....
love beagles .... havnt heard the baying , for way to long now......
good luck with the planning .... where abouts in Africa , are you wanting to hunt .......?

Welcome to AH Bsto270! Nice of you to introduce yourself and it is a pleasure having you as part of our community.

Thank you Jerome! Bluey, right now RSA is in the frontrunner spot. I had checked in with a few outfits in Namibia, but so far, the guys in South Africa (and even some US reps) have been really showing me the love. At this point, I am open to just about any part of the country, but the Eastern Cape is more than likely going to be where I end up (although nothing is in stone). I am hoping to shore things up and get a deposit out sometime early next year at the latest. The biggest thing is figuring out if my wife and I are going it alone, or if my father in law (along with another hunter, and my wifes stepmom as well) go along. If you PM me I would be more than happy to share my short list with you.

Welcome to AH.
Happy planning.

Nice to have another outdoors man from PA. on the site. I hope the info has helped you narrow it down some and feel free to ask more question as they pop up. The one thing for sure you will love the trip to africa it is one amazing place to see.

I will be picking about my animal shortly that were just mounted from relive and your more then welcome to come see them. I think we are about 45 minutes apart is all. Keep doing your homework and the trip will be here before you know it

Thanks Bill, you have been a big help with questions. Hope your mounts came out great, especially that Giraffe (makes me wish I had high enough ceilings to get away with it...)

And you are too right Bluey about hound hunting. We have gotten away from it for some time now, when I was in my teens to early 20's we had up to 9 beagles, would run them in groups of about 3-5. I miss it tremendously, but don't have the space where I live to do it.

l keep tellin myself , im going to get back on the hound team , every april (the start of hound hunting , in Victoria ) and then by now as the season is winding down , (mid nov ),as its getting to warm
all my hound hunting buddies are tellin my what I missed , this season .

In the states its mostly a matter of space to keep dogs, and Vet costs (particularly vaccinations on that many. Back in the 70's and 80's one could still Vaccinate their own dogs in Pennsylvania for Rabies and such (up into the 90's actually I think). That is a major cost along with feeding, training, etc. It certainly isnt for lack of small game to hunt though. One thing that has gained some traction in my part of the country is hunting Coyote using hounds (treeing walkers and such). What do you fellas hunt in Aus over hounds?

Welcome to AH.

All the best from Romania!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Brandon! I too grew up doing alot of the things you listed I loved hunting Coon at night just to hear the hounds speak and anyone here in the south that don't fish is going to miss some meals.. Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH...

In the states its mostly a matter of space to keep dogs, and Vet costs (particularly vaccinations on that many. Back in the 70's and 80's one could still Vaccinate their own dogs in Pennsylvania for Rabies and such (up into the 90's actually I think). That is a major cost along with feeding, training, etc. It certainly isnt for lack of small game to hunt though. One thing that has gained some traction in my part of the country is hunting Coyote using hounds (treeing walkers and such). What do you fellas hunt in Aus over hounds?

samba deer down the south where I am ,mainly with beagles and bloodhounds ,while scent trailing . for companion dogs , the most popular breeds are german short haired pointers and English pointers.
keep telling myself when im finished with work , im getting a wiermaraneer

up northern Australia , the lads love piggin with their dogs , different breeds of course , these guys love their bull arabs

Welcome to AH!

Welcome - glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH Bsto270!

Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildkatr

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross