AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Benefactor, Freemasons, Shrine, Eagle Scout,
Hunted
US
Was looking around for information on very old Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauer Carbines and found the most information on this site.
While not a hunter I have a unique history in the weapons engineering area for US Army and I was a Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director at Aberdeen Proving Ground.
I was tapped to test the first Russian AK74 rifle brought into the US in 1982 and was also the Test Director for the M16A1E1 rifle adopted as M16A2 by USMC and then US Army and now many others.

I have been loading ammo for 1905 and 1910 Mannlichers since early 80s as well as fabrication brass for them.
I was a member of the US Palma Rifle Team in 1976 and made friends with several of South African shooters and we had a great time together.

Hummer, welcome to the AH forum! Your experience sounds like you have had some fun testing!

Welcome to AH Hummer! Glad to have you with us.

Welcome Hummer!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.
Glad to have you here adding to the knowledge base.

Was looking around for information on very old Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauer Carbines and found the most information on this site.

Welcome aboard.
38152599yr.jpg

Did you have any particular questions regarding the MS? I may know the answers or be able to direct you to them.
Have you viewed these threads?:
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/1903-mannlicher-schoenauer-6-5x54-questions.44736/

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/mannlicher-schönauer-prewar-m1900-m1903-m1905-m1908-m1910-m1924-m1925-or-high-velocity.47277/

Another 'site you may enjoy is: http://forums.**NOT**PERMITTED**.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=mannlicher

38152648sm.jpg

Attachments

• 38152599yr.jpg
    38152599yr.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 38152648sm.jpg
    38152648sm.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 61
Hello Hummer,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH sir!

Giday Hummer and welcome to the A H forums

Hummer, I'm very glad you joined us. This forum includes shooters as well. Please feel free to chime in any time you like.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from Australia.

Welcom, sir, to this great forum! Looking fwd to your participation!

Welcome to AH and the posting side Hummer! Nice to have you part of our community and enjoy the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey75K951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross