Greetings from Stockholm

Welcome, I’m pretty new here too. I came to learn about big bores and I stayed for the great community. Africa is a long way off for me but one can dream.

How do you like that 9.3x57? My understanding is that is pretty similar ballistically to our 358 Winchester.

What do you mean by “proper” moose hunting up north. Do you mean the chance of a kill is better or is it just more of a wilderness up north?
Thank you! It sure seems to be a great community with proficient and nice people. Glad I found my way here.

Yes, the cartridges are quite similar. The 358 will have better ballistics and overall performance in commercial ammo, but that is due to the x57 being loaded to modest pressures. In Sweden, most guns chambered in the caliber are very old and not made for modern pressures. But if you reload, you can get it very capable for long distances and then it would even shoot flatter than a 30-06. So the old slur “potato thrower” is not really applicable in 2021 necessarily. Although, to my knowledge, the only manufacturer making rifles for the cartridge today is Blaser.

Well, I call it “proper” moose hunting for a few reasons. It is more of a wilderness up there for sure. Larger concessions, different nature. One is more “on his own” to a greater extent than down south. And the moose is quite a lot bigger with considerably nicer trophies.

Here, “down south” (really mid-country but the North takes up 50% of the country) moose hunting is a lot more like driven hunt. 2-3 drives a day, smaller areas, faster pace. Nice in its own right, but... yeah.

Great that you have a upcoming African hunt bonnevier! I'm living a bit north from you I guess but still in Sweden. I've done 5 African trips so far and really love that part of the world! You will have a great time! All the best from northern Sweden.

Welcome aboard!! Will be looking for that hunting report. ;)

Great that you have a upcoming African hunt bonnevier! I'm living a bit north from you I guess but still in Sweden. I've done 5 African trips so far and really love that part of the world! You will have a great time! All the best from northern Sweden.
Tack! :D

Låter helt fantastiskt. Would be happy to hear from your trips!

Bonnevier, it sounds to me like you should send Northland a PM. I'll bet the two of you could form a virtual friendship.

Hi Bonnevier,

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, email henry@riflepermits.com.

Kind regards
Henry

Welcome! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross