Greetings from Stockholm

bonnevier

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Swedish Hunters' Association
Welcome, I’m pretty new here too. I came to learn about big bores and I stayed for the great community. Africa is a long way off for me but one can dream.

How do you like that 9.3x57? My understanding is that is pretty similar ballistically to our 358 Winchester.

What do you mean by “proper” moose hunting up north. Do you mean the chance of a kill is better or is it just more of a wilderness up north?
Thank you! It sure seems to be a great community with proficient and nice people. Glad I found my way here.

Yes, the cartridges are quite similar. The 358 will have better ballistics and overall performance in commercial ammo, but that is due to the x57 being loaded to modest pressures. In Sweden, most guns chambered in the caliber are very old and not made for modern pressures. But if you reload, you can get it very capable for long distances and then it would even shoot flatter than a 30-06. So the old slur “potato thrower” is not really applicable in 2021 necessarily. Although, to my knowledge, the only manufacturer making rifles for the cartridge today is Blaser.

Well, I call it “proper” moose hunting for a few reasons. It is more of a wilderness up there for sure. Larger concessions, different nature. One is more “on his own” to a greater extent than down south. And the moose is quite a lot bigger with considerably nicer trophies.

Here, “down south” (really mid-country but the North takes up 50% of the country) moose hunting is a lot more like driven hunt. 2-3 drives a day, smaller areas, faster pace. Nice in its own right, but... yeah.

Northland

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Sweden, Namibia 2018, Namibia 2016, South Africa 2016, Namibia 2011
Great that you have a upcoming African hunt bonnevier! I'm living a bit north from you I guess but still in Sweden. I've done 5 African trips so far and really love that part of the world! You will have a great time! All the best from northern Sweden.

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
Welcome aboard!! Will be looking for that hunting report. ;)

bonnevier

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Swedish Hunters' Association
Great that you have a upcoming African hunt bonnevier! I'm living a bit north from you I guess but still in Sweden. I've done 5 African trips so far and really love that part of the world! You will have a great time! All the best from northern Sweden.
Tack! :D

Låter helt fantastiskt. Would be happy to hear from your trips!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Bonnevier, it sounds to me like you should send Northland a PM. I'll bet the two of you could form a virtual friendship.

riflepermits.com

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.riflepermits.com
Media
Articles
Hi Bonnevier,

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, email henry@riflepermits.com.

Kind regards
Henry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioAay

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh