Greetings from Southern Indiana

Josh P

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
United States, Canada
Very happy to no longer be exclusively a "lurker", and looking forward to interacting with members, especially any in my region of the US, and learning more from the experience of others.

Welcome. There is a tremendous amount of educational material here. Tell us abit about your dream Africa hunt and your favorite fire arms. Again welcome. Your new friend, Brian

Welcome. There is a tremendous amount of educational material here. Tell us abit about your dream Africa hunt and your favorite fire arms. Again welcome. Your new friend, Brian
Thank you.
There really is a vast amount of good information here. It's been slowly, but steadily drawing me deeper and deeper into its waters.

A dream hunt would be via a time machine to hunt 100 years ago, but everything else is reality - with enough planning and determination! For me, the experience is just as important as anything I might have shipped back home. Buffalo are really what get my motor going, but there are various 'bucks and biting species that get my attention as well. Some of the cull hunts seem like a fantastic way to get the jitters out and just enjoy the particular country without being conscious of the limited number of trigger pulls one would normally have.

For firearms, my 2 current favorites are a handy Savage 111 Scout in .308, and trusty SHTLE .303 sporter. Both have taken deer, both are a pleasure to shoot. Currently in the works to receive a p14 in 300 H&H, which will replace the utility of the 6.5CM sold earlier this year. Bob already has me planning to convert a Ruger M77 over to .35 Whelen as soon as I can nab it from the friend who lets it sit as a lowly 30-06.

Really, I haven't seen a hunt or a gun I wouldn't want to experience. It's more a matter of listing them in priority order.

Welcome from Evansville!

Welcome from the outskirts of Floyds Knobs.

Welcome to AH Josh P! Looking forward to your participation and thank you again for supporting our community.

Welcome to AH.

Did you say “lowly 30-06?” Man, I was hoping we could be friends. :confused: Welcome

Just over the river from Evansville. Southern IL

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois