AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Hello everyone; I've been signed up awhile, just don't get to visit often enough.

I'm Roger Heintzman, dba Roger's Taxidermy Studio from Aberdeen, South Dakota. Pheasant and Walleye capital of the world they say. We got it all here. I do taxidermy full time for 10 years, in the business for 23.

I am totally addicted to African hunting. I 'm breaking the bank this year with a trip to Namibia for leopard and various PG, then my third stent to SA for PG (specifically Bushbuck). Nov. onto British Columbia for Mountain Goat and Mule Deer.

You only live once and I'm not waiting for retirement. Costs are forever increasing and I know too many people regretting not doing more when they were younger.

Get out there and enjoy what you can afford to do.

Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forum, glad to know you too are African hunt bug bitten . May you bag a fine leopard and numerous PG trophies.
All the best for your upcoming safaris!!!

Monish

G'day Roger, welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll gain from it in some way.

What realy struck me is your outlook on life and seizing the oportunity.

I wish you all the best in your hunting endeavours and hope you make the time to share the experiences with us all when you come back.

Good health and good hunting to you sir,
PaulT

Welcome to AH Roger! Wish you the best on your Leopard hunt in Namibia, I hope we will get to hear about it and the other critters upon your return. When are you going?

Welcome aboard Roger. I live just north of you in SE North Dakota (Lisbon to be exact). I take a few trips with the family down to Aberdeen (Wylie Park) every year. You have a nice town down there. I'm going to South Africa on my first safari this year, wish I could afford a leopard too, but I'll stick with the plains game for now. You'll have to post some photos when you return.

nd

I envy all of you, as I have yet to make tracks to Africa. I have plans in the works but it will be awhile longer before I can get down. Please post the pics and stories upon your return.

Steelcon

Hi Jerome, for a while I was wondering what had happened to the AH site. I missed it.

I leave Sept. for Namibia. As you have stated in the article with leopard tags ,today they should be issued. I sure hope it happens soon and a tag is issued to my PH. There are airline tickets to purchase, deposits to be made for South Africa portion of trip, contracts, SAP 520, etc. etc. etc.

I will be happy to post the results of my trip with pictures.

If anyone has dreams of hunting Africa, GET ER DONE!!

FYI, I hunted the Northwest Province of SA in 2008. The Kalahari Desert gives up some outstanding trophies. I shot a 41" male Gemsbok, 29" Waterbuck. Visit kalaharihunting.com to see more pics.

You all have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Roger,

Send some picture's of the Bushbuck.

Roger ~ Welcome to AH! There are plenty here that share your addiction to Africa! Hope the leopard opportunity comes through for you in Namibia! Hope you enjoy the site!

Roger,
No words as of yet regarding the Leopard quotas. I was told that they needed a bit more time, it's now supposed to be announced Monday, tomorrow. Let us know when you hear something from your outfitter. Of course we want to see the pictures of results of your trip, also please post your pictures from your 2008 hunt in South Africa.

Skyline,

I will be hunting with Grizzly Basin Outfitters, Rick White. They also have Sawtooth Outfitters out of Cranbook/Kimberly area SE BC. I been waiting for this hunt 3 years now.

Roger I hunted in that country for many years. You should have a good time. There are some excellent goats in the Kootenays and some very good mule deer.
Good luck on your hunt.

Skyline,

I am hoping for a good hunt, and a nice ram, iceing on the cake.

I would love to do a Dall Sheep hunt, the prices scare me right out of my socks.

Yes sheep hunting is an expensive game and with the North American species dall sheep is the cheapest of the bunch as far as guided hunts go. I count myself as fortunate with having guided and hunted for 3 of the species needed for the slam, four if you consider California bighorn as another category (which I do). The desert sheep is never going to be in my crosshairs, but I am not a sheep nut so I can live with it.

Good luck on your hunts in Namibia and BC.

Good attitude. Do the things you want to do when you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg