Greetings from South Africa

Welcome to AH, Nicol !

Nicol, having been a passive reader I’m sure you know what an interesting sight AH is. Looking forward to your participation.
What have you hunted and do you have any pictures you could report to us on?
Best

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH sir.

Welcome to AH Nicol! Glad to have you on the posting side!

Welcome to the posting side.

Thanx everyone,
I will try to post a few pics, I usually don't get to take a lot of them because most of my shooting is culling (I work on a game farm). most of the animals I hunt is problem animals.

IMG_8243.JPG
IMG_8242.JPG
IMG_8241.JPG
IMG_8240.JPG

Welcome to AH Nicol!

Welcome to our forum! There are many of us on here that have no problem hunting cull animals! From my point of view, you get to do more hunting for less cost. Waiting for some of your culling stories!!!

thanx Edward, all of the animals in the pics are hunted on foot. I came across this waterbuck whilst doing anti-poaching and we needed meat for staff-rations (that's why I had to take him with the FN ). When I talk about culling, I refer to larger operations where game farms have to lower their numbers. In the more open areas (Northern Cape, Free state, Highveld etc.) it is nothing to remove 100 springbuck or blesbuck in a day. I'm not a fan of this but as you know, if the numbers are not adapted they will over utilize their habitat.

Welcome to AH, Nicol!

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome to AH Nicol! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Welcome aboard Nicol. What caliber rifle do you use for your culling operations? Do you try out different bullets? If so, which ones perform the best?

Dear Nicol Brand
Welcome to this Forum. Wise decision to join.

Shootist43, I mainly use my 223 in Howa (20" bull). when culling I usually go for whatever is cheapest... 55gr V-MAX is my favorite, but the Hornady 55gr SP varminter (#2265) is doing a great job on head shots. A wile ago I tried the 55gr Spitzer Sierra (1360) and I had to shoot both an impala and warthog twice (It can obviously happen with any bullet, but they are more expensive that the V-max in SA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!