Greetings from Northern Canada

JHC-II

Reaction score
Live up in the tulips of Northern Alberta, have had the pleasure of living in Africa for two years, and just finished hunting in RSA, a wonderful experience. I am a licenced guide in Canada but my day job is that of bush pilot and trapper. Lovely site Wished I had seen it prior to my hunt. look forward to reading the site and getting back to Africa soonest.

Welcome to AH. I use to live in the Peace area of Alberta. When you have time please post about your hunt in RSA.

I lived in S. Alberta some years ago. I still miss the mountains. I KNOW you will be going back to Africa sometime. I'm sure you will get alot of info from this site. Please post a little about your hunt in RSA. I have hunted there myself and recently returned from a hunt in Zimbabwe. Welcome to AH.
Cheers, Mike

JHC,

Welcome to the forum , lots to learn here.

Happy Hunting !!!!

Monish

Welcome JHC-I good to have you on board!

In which country did you work in Africa?

Cheers Louis

Welcome to AH - I would like to be a bush pilot...

Hi Louis,

From north to south worked in Djibouti, Somolia, T'Chad, Zaire, Congo and Central Africa was with the military, as far as being a bush pilot I have flown from King Air 200 to DeHavilland Beavers and have loved them all but am a big fan of the old radial engines, however I have hauled enough bush meat and fish tubs to get old mans back and do not mind riding a desk every so often cheers from the north High Level area.

Hi JHC-I

Wow you have been around must have been quite interesting and scary in other ways.

My brother is the pilot in the family we own a Piper Cherokee 6 he loves the flying I went for the medical and the Doc had to do some stuff that I am sure you will know well that was me out of there LOL.

I guess it takes a real man to fly LOL.

Most of the time I sleep while we are flaying up to our lodge and only wake up after landing but I guess it is a good thing.

It’s True skill to put the plane down in bad conditions.

Cheers from down South………..

Welcome to AH JHC-II! You have had so far a life full of adventure, looking forward to hearing some stories.

if someone can show me how to insert photos and videos I have some great hunting clips from RSA

Welcome. Being a bush pilot must be a wonderful job.

being a bush pilot

There are some days that are magic and then there are some days you wonder why you even left the barn. In the summer time you deal with bugs, bugs and more bugs, you rarely see any game as the foliage is to dense, in the fall you have to deal with the huge migration of birds but the colors are stunning with the changing of the leaf color and you can see game. Bison, Moose, Deer, Elk, Wolf, Bear, the odd Caribou and then its winter. The sun comes up late and does not clear the horizon and by 3 oclock its down again. I do not like flying when its minus 40 but in the winter time our work switches to air ambulance and game survey, fortunately its also the time when I get my time off, which gives me time to do my hunting and trapping. I will not deny it the north is not for everyone most pilots use the north as a stepping stone for the airlines. I already had a full carreer with the military and have no desire to fly jets or live in the big city, its nice to go out my back door and have the chance to see any of the above animals on my property. I am not getting any younger and am learning how to be a taxidermist for the day when I can no longer haul freight in and out of an airplane I am good for about 10 more years, buts its been a hell of a ride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg