Greetings From Montana

ScottB

AH member
Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
South Africa - Northern Transvaal; United Staes - California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Georgia
Hello, everyone. Just a quick introduction. I got interested in hunting Africa more than 20 years ago, but life and family responsibilities made it impossible. Now that the kids are grown, a safari has moved up to the top of my list of "to-do's."

I've hunted most of my life, mainly birds, but some deer and elk along the way as well. Used to breed and train pointing dogs, and was pretty active in field trials and hunt testing for a number of years.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum, and learning all that I can about hunting in Africa.

Scott

Last edited:
Welcome Scott. Nothing like watching good pointers at work.

Welcome to AH.
The planning starts.

Welcome to AH!

Hi Scott,
Welcome to AH. Glad that you have decided to join our community. All the best in your research and please do not hesitate to drop us an email or Personal Mail in our inbox should you need any help in planning a trip.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Hi Scott,
Welcome to AH. Glad that you have decided to join our community. All the best in your research and please do not hesitate to drop us an email for Personal Mail in our inbox should you need any help in planning a trip.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Thanks!

ScottB: Welcome! I see you hail from Big Sky Country. Love going up there for elk hunts in the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness Area. You will definitely learn a lot by reading and participately in discussions on this site. Lots of good info from friendly, knowledgeable folks.

Welcome to AH, Scott!

Welcome to AH Scott!

Welcome!

Welcome Scott! I also hail from God's Country but I'm currently doing my time in purgatory, also known as Houston. Take a hard look at the outfitters on this site, the ones I have met are stand up guys!
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome to AH Scott! Lots to learn and explore here… enjoy the site!

Glad to have you here Scott. I just bought a jewelry store in MT. I still live in WY tho. Perhaps we'll meet sometime. Bruce

:S Welcome: Hello ScottB,

You have joined a great community with the friendliest and most helpful bunch of folks on any hunting forum you will find...!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg