Greetings from Michigan

MI Adventurer

Reaction score
I've been stalking here for a bit as a way of doing research on whether a friend of mine and I want to hunt in Africa or Alaska in 2017. What a great problem to have, right?

At some point in time I will do both of them it just depends on what order we do it.

Having grown up blessed by geography with the ability to hunt, fish, and forage in the wild it is no surprise that I am looking to broaden my horizons.

Without waxing poetic here, I look forward to the fun of researching the hunt and learning the various cultures and backgrounds of this truly international collection of hunters, braggarts, and general ne'er-do-wells of the sort that has occupied every campfire the world has known. I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Welcome to AH! Pull up a chair here by the fire,take sip of that Whiskey and let me tell you about that time.....

Welcome to AH. Have fun planning.

I've been stalking here for a bit as a way of doing research on whether a friend of mine and I want to hunt in Africa or Alaska in 2017. What a great problem to have, right?

At some point in time I will do both of them it just depends on what order we do it.

Having grown up blessed by geography with the ability to hunt, fish, and forage in the wild it is no surprise that I am looking to broaden my horizons.

Without waxing poetic here, I look forward to the fun of researching the hunt and learning the various cultures and backgrounds of this truly international collection of hunters, braggarts, and general ne'er-do-wells of the sort that has occupied every campfire the world has known. I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Welcome to AH! Apparently you have been hanging around for a while. That part about braggarts and general ne'er-do-wells is clear indication you've seen @spike.t, @Buff-Buster, @Bobpuckett and others of similar ill repute. Glad to see you joined us in spite of this!! :D

Welcome from a fellow Michigander!!! Sorry I missed this post originally (Hey, I'm only a month behind......like I am with the rest of my life!!):whistle:

As I said, I've been lurking. I just posted it today, so no sweat.

You were likely out 'shrooming after the bit of rain we just had.

Welcome!!!

and yup, you're gonna fit in good around here. :)

Welcome. I am originally from Jackson but live in Florida now via a few years in Indiana, Texas and Illinois. That is a lot of great people and information which was truly helpful for me when planning to do my first safari and as I now work out if I can do my next in 2016 or 2017.

John

As I said, I've been lurking. I just posted it today, so no sweat.

You were likely out 'shrooming after the bit of rain we just had.

More like working my arse off!(n)

Welcome to AH! Pull up a chair here by the fire,take sip of that Whiskey and let me tell you about that time.....
Right on Tokkie!

Welcome to AH MI Adventurer! Looking forward to having you share your experiences with us. BTW my vote goes to Africa…

Welcome to Africa Hunting @MI Adventurer

Be free to ask and wonder out loud about mother nature and all her secrets tucked in deep to the African Bush!

Looking forward to your participation.

Regards,

pull up a log mi adventurer, theres always room at this campfire
welcome to AH , enjoy the site

Welcome to AH, and yes, I would choose Africa !

Welcome aboard. I'm from Michigan as well. After comparing the cost of a guided "fair chase" Elk hunt out west to the cost and probability of success on a guided Plains Game (PG) hunt in Africa my boys and I chose Africa. It takes a while to plan out a hunt so we've booked ours for August of next year.

Welcome to the fire place as Tokkie says....and take Phoenix Bill with a pinch of salt..:ROFLMAO: don't believe anything SPike says after 12 at night...

PS...Forgot about ole bluey, his accent takes getting use to...

hi welcome aboard :D Beers: and as the internet here in the bush is working at the same speed as the drinking capabilities of phil and simon i.e. snail pace :E Devious: :A Stirring: i have only just managed to see the compliments they have heaped on the more illustrious types on here :E Big Grin::A Yeah::D Cheers:...............and giving up now as its taken so long just to get this to post :sleep:

Last edited:
Welcome MI Adventurer,

You have come to the right place for sure... My vote is for you to hunt Africa first... But then again, I may be a bit biased....;)

Welcome to AH! Glad you joined in enjoy the site, the planning and the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you