Greetings from Maine

Emlet

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member, BHRGC
Hunted
PA, ME, MO, WI
Hello all. I've been reading over posts from this site for the past few months and finally decided it was time to join. I've not hunted Africa....yet....but am very appreciative the the massive amount of info all of you are able to share. I currently live in southern Maine (if any body has questions about Moose hunting up here I'd be happy to help) but I grew up in Pennsylvania and always enjoyed grouse and white tail hunting there. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

Jonathan

Welcome to AH Jonathan! What do you have in mind for your first African hunt? Glad you decided to join the conversation.

Welcome! And that is the right word there..."yet"(y)

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH Jonathan! What do you have in mind for your first African hunt? Glad you decided to join the conversation.
I'm thinking South Africa and plains game (kudu, wildebeest, bontebok, blesbok etc). I've poked around looking at various hunting opportunities and am too novice to be able to spot a good deal aka real deal vs. a too good to be true scam.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard! I'll be passing through your way in Oct to Jackman for grouse season, and again in November to Allagash for coyote/deer.
An African trip is truly a "once in a lifetime" experiance, until it become a "twice" then "third".......
You Must Go! Do it now, you won't regret it.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome aboard! I'll be passing through your way in Oct to Jackman for grouse season, and again in November to Allagash for coyote/deer.
An African trip is truly a "once in a lifetime" experiance, until it become a "twice" then "third".......
You Must Go! Do it now, you won't regret it.
Glad to hear it! I'm also glad to hear you refer to grouse as grouse and not partridge. Of course by doing so you reveal that you are "from away". Jackman area is great for birds. I'm looking forward to spending some time this October near Oquossic/Mooselook for birds.

Yeah, I'm sure my "once" will become multiple. I'll just have to prove to my wife that multiple trips are "needed" to truly get the full experience! ;)

Welcome, Down East is my second home. Will be hunting Bear in 7 daze. With Eastern Ridge Adventures http://www.blackbearhunting.us
Thanks! A buddy of mine has hunted bear with Eastern Ridge Adventures for the past few years and can't say enough good things about them. You probably already know this but Maine is LOADED with black bear. Wildlife department is toying with the idea of allowing two bears per hunter in the not so distant future.

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome.

Welcome Jonathan. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome aboard Jonathan. We look forward to input from hunters of all stripes. Do you have any pictures and stories of Moose hunts that you'd like to share with us? What kind and caliber rifles do you own and or use? Do you reload?

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the posting side Jonathan. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg