Greetings from lower Alabama

ThrownBiscuit

Reaction score
I have long held a fascination with firearms and hunting. ( More on that later.)

What began my interest in Africa was time a fellow firearms enthusiast allowed me the chance to shoot his Westley Richards .500 BPE. The craftsmanship was stunning, the recoil was no less stunning in a different way. Truly, it was a thing of beauty, a hallowed relic from a bygone time. The light pitting on the barrels, the slight dings on the stock, each one told a story that I wish knew.

As such, I began to research these fabled weapons and tales of their use. I began to grow enamored with the tales of stalking such enormous game. (By the way if anyone has recommendations for further reading, I'm very interested. :)) My increasing interest led me to this site, and after a year of stalking the forums, I submitted my membership.

I have enjoyed hunting since a child, albeit most of the game I pursued was hardly of African proportions unless you include the tiny 10. I have been an enthusiastic hunter of squirrels due much to their great deliciousness, as has been the case for rabbits, and racoons as well. I have pursued whitetail to my great enjoyment, but the finest challenge (for me at any rate) that I have engaged in so far has been the stalk hunting of crows. It is an adventure that ends in failure ~19 out of 20 times, but the rare success is certainly a rush.

Giday and welcome to the A H forums @ThrownBiscuit You speak as a true hunter and will find most are like minded here. It matters not the size of the game, it is the attitude of the hunter that is of prime importance.

Thank you, I believe I can learn much from the accumulated wisdom here and utilize it to plan future hunts.

@ThrownBiscuit , welcome! Is a thrown biscuit similar to a Lambert's tossed roll? Lots of great info on this site and friendly folks willing to share.

Thank you, and yes it is similar. I took the name because it reminded me of family gatherings where I would toss fresh biscuits to my siblings and cousins.:D

Which part of LA are you from? I spent a little time in that area.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH ThrownBiscuit! Great intro and glad you found us.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH ThrownBiscuit. You started your hunting career like most of us. You will find AH to be a site where guys of similar Ilk share their thoughts opinions and experiences. Continued exposure to AH will result in you stalking suitable quarry in Africa. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome ThrownBiscuit to the AH forum! Walk and stalk crows is a tough task!

Greetings from lower Alabama I am a squirrel hunter myself

do you have squirrel dogs by chance?

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH.

Greetings from lower Alabama I am a squirrel hunter myself

do you have squirrel dogs by chance?
Unfortunately not, I am graced with the presence of an ugly mutt, that I am quite fond of, but despite my best efforts would rather pursue leaves and bees rather than squirrels.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg