Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I am addicted to the hunting and the shooting sports.

I have been to Africa once. My wife and I hunted in Tanzania with Zayne van der Merwe as our PH. It was the perfect trip. We are currently planning an elephant hunt in Zim for March of 2010.

I own and shoot a Krieghoff double in 470 Nitro, along with a MRC 458 Lott, Ruger No. 1 416, American Hunting rifles is building a Left Handed 375 CZ 550 for me, it is their first left hand CZ build. All of the other rifles are left handed also. I just ordered a CZ 9.3 by 62 for my wife. She will hunt plainsgame in Zim next year and I wanted something large enough for her to shoot cape buf if needed.

For R & R I shoot NRA Highpower matches, having shot at Camp Perry four times.

That is all for now, off to work on my reloading room, I will post pictures soon after completion.

Thanks to all for the effort of creating the site, and I look forward to posting here.

Check out my website, I do not sell anything on the site, it is just a self serving tribute to me:D

Cow Island Hunting

Last edited:
Howdy Mike, I have never hunted in LA but I have had some fine fishing at the Midnight Lump. It was probably the one of the best fishing trips I have ever been on and hope to make it back soon. Jim

Karibu Mike... glad to hear you have been to Tanzania already and enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Some big guns you got there. Have a .470 and a .416 myself. Nothing like buffalo hunting in Tanzania... would you agree? Cheers Mike,

The Selous is a wonderful place as are others in Tanzania. It may be a little more expensive but it is worth every penny.

These are a couple of pictures from our trip.

CampSunset.jpg

Impala.jpg

FirstBuffalo.jpg

Attachments

• CampSunset.jpg
    CampSunset.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Impala.jpg
    Impala.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 115
  • FirstBuffalo.jpg
    FirstBuffalo.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Mike - great pics and that is a buffalo of note. Something to be very proud of. Well done!

Mike,
Where are you located in LA? I lived in Nakadish Louisiana for almost six years. Of all the places the Army can send you I've always considered LA to be my favorite. I still own a camp down in Welsh La and try to get back yearly for some duck hunting. It's good to see some fine southern folks and traditions, kind of makes me homesick.

I live outside of Delcambre, along the coast, close to the center of the state. We are about an hour from Welsh. Duck hunting was pretty good last season. Other than hurricanes and our state government it is a pretty decent place to live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg