Greetings from Limpopo, South Africa

Piekenier

Reaction score
Hi everyone, great to be here!
Have learned so much here in such a short time, feel really privileged!

I'm new to the hunting scene, grew up in a house with a bird watching dad and musical mom, never had any exposure to hunting. Things changed when my eldest son reached 14, and wanted to go hunting with his friends....
So here we are!
Three years later, have hunted 2 impalas so far, and the proud dad of 2 hunting sons.
Busy with procurement: bought a 308 and 243 to start with. Next in line will be a Brno .375 if the finances hold

Regards,
Stephan, Tzaneen

Welcome to AH Stephan!

Stephan, welcome to the AH forum! Glad you are enjoying it and great to hear you and your boys are getting into hunting! It is one of the best methods of animal conservation!
I’ll be watching for a report on a hunt by you and your boys!

Welcome! I hunted in Limpopo in 2018 and 2019 right along the Limpopo River in South Africa. Great hunting area! Keep us informed on weather and hunting information in your area!

Giday Stephen and welcome to the AN H forums and hunting in particular

Hi everyone, great to be here!
Have learned so much here in such a short time, feel really privileged!

I'm new to the hunting scene, grew up in a house with a bird watching dad and musical mom, never had any exposure to hunting. Things changed when my eldest son reached 14, and wanted to go hunting with his friends....
So here we are!
Three years later, have hunted 2 impalas so far, and the proud dad of 2 hunting sons.
Busy with procurement: bought a 308 and 243 to start with. Next in line will be a Brno .375 if the finances hold

Regards,
Stephan, Tzaneen
Hallo Piekenier,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I truly do know how proud you must be to have 2 hunting sons.
Both my sons are very “bushy”.
One is an avid archer and the other loves rifles, as do I.
Both are excellent shots.
Plus, both are experts at bushcraft, to include field preparation of bagged animals for eating.
Also, both are experts at fetching same onto the braai then, ultimately onto the plate.
I am always amazed at how well both of them turned out, in spite of their father.

For hunting in the Limpopo District, wether for a large set of horns / tusks or, for biltong hunts, if you ever want a PH to assist you, I recommend Hannes Swanepoel Safaris.

That said, if you ever want to hunt Namibia, I highly recommend:
Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris.
It is no secret that I work for Khomas and so, of course I am very fond of them.
Nonetheless, we can host you and your sons for the not-game-fenced time of your lives.

Either way, thank you for joining everyone here at AfricaHunting.com
It is indeed the best place for hunters and clear thinkers in general.

Totsiens,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

Stephen I'm happy you found our website. I have two hunting sons and now three hunting grandsons. The "male bonding time" is fantastic. Hunting tales both successful and tragic will be talked about for years. With your battery of rifles bound to increase, you need to consider reloading if you aren't already doing so. Use the search function that AH provides to look up topics of interest. P.S. your boys might enjoy doing that as well.

Welcome to AH, Glad to hear that your sons got you into hunting, it's usually the other way around. Good luck and share some hunting stories if you get the time.

Hi Stephan, welcome AH !

Hunted your province three times, based in Steenbokpan.

Welcome to the best site on African hunting. This website has it all covered.

Welcome to AH Stephan!

Hallo Piekenier,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I truly do know how proud you must be to have 2 hunting sons.
Both my sons are very “bushy”.
One is an avid archer and the other loves rifles, as do I.
Both are excellent shots.
Plus, both are experts at bushcraft, to include field preparation of bagged animals for eating.
Also, both are experts at fetching same onto the braai then, ultimately onto the plate.
I am always amazed at how well both of them turned out, in spite of their father.

For hunting in the Limpopo District, wether for a large set of horns / tusks or, for biltong hunts, if you ever want a PH to assist you, I recommend Hannes Swanepoel Safaris.

That said, if you ever want to hunt Namibia, I highly recommend:
Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris.
It is no secret that I work for Khomas and so, of course I am very fond of them.
Nonetheless, we can host you and your sons for the not-game-fenced time of your lives.

Either way, thank you for joining everyone here at AfricaHunting.com
It is indeed the best place for hunters and clear thinkers in general.

Totsiens,
Velo Dog.
Thank you Velo Dog for the invite, I would love to go on a Namibian hunt, absolutely beautiful country, would love to hunt there one day!

And thanks to all the welcoming messages from the community, will keep you posted on our future endeavours.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, Stephan!

Welcome!! There's a great group of people here!

Hi Stephan, you joined some time ago, how have things been going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg