Greetings from Hartbeespoort South Africa

RichardMei

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I am an avid hunter and sports shooter. I enjoy bushveld hunts with muzzleloaders and vintage 303 British rifles. I own two Lee Enfields from the Second World War, one being a Savage and replica of a No4 Mk1 (T) (picture attached). You can read about this rifle in Man Magnum's October 2015 edition. Last year I hunted with it for the first time and it was great getting this old rifle and scope into the bush and putting it through its paces. My other Lee Enfield is a Longbranch and has Parker Hale and Anschutz sights. I also hunt with it. In fact, I hunted more game with these open sights than with my scoped .22 Hornet. I am very much interested in using cast bullets for my Lee Enfields and .22 Hornet. If there is anybody out there with good hunting loads for these calibres, could you please share your recipes? I have already pushed my NOE 314198SP cast bullet to over 2300 fps, but the grouping is not as desired.

P1040062.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH! Nice looking rifle!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH. I completely understand your desire for hunting with old rifles. Both of the rifles I took to Africa last year were over 100 years old. What most folks don't understand is that guns from that era are likely to be more accurate than some of the new guns being built today.

Welcome to AH RichardMei!

Welcome to AH, Richard !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. My daughter and I spent a day in Hartbeespoort during our last trip in August. Lot's to do and had a great time.

Good luck with your antiques.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois