Greetings from Delaware!

J Bowe

Reaction score
"Newbie" here, folks. 61-years old and better start making the Dreams come true by actually booking my first hunt, and not just reading about them. Question: Is anyone else concerned about the South African Government plans to seize property from "white" land owners?

Welcome to AH J Bowe! This has been an ongoing issue and reality in Southern Africa, not only in South Africa, for a long time. With the elections the rhetorics are back... The politics environment in South Africa may not be at its' best but this in no way will affect the wonderful time that you will have in South Africa while hunting or visiting this magnificent country. You have found a great place to do your research and find a great hunt. Ask questions, we have an incredible community willing to help!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome aboard!

Hi J Bowe ! Welcome to the best Hunting Forum out there ! PHASA which is the Professional Hunters Association will bring out a statement regarding this spesific subject over the weekend.

We can assure everybody that there is no reason for panic. We will address this issue as comprehensive as possible.

There are definately no Land grabs or occupation on the cards.

We appreciate everyones concerns. We are are 7 to 10 hrs ahead the USA so please bear with us .

Happy Hunting !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. In 2015, everyone said there was riots in Zimbabwe, it was dangerous, cash shortage, etc. Went and had one of the best times of my life. In years to come it might be a problem but not concerned at all for this or next year.

Welcome to AH !

And don´t worry, I will be in SA in September, if some health issues are sorted out.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.

Cancellation insurance~!

Happy planning.

"Newbie" here, folks. 61-years old and better start making the Dreams come true by actually booking my first hunt, and not just reading about them. Question: Is anyone else concerned about the South African Government plans to seize property from "white" land owners?

Welcome to AH sir. Not really worried at 5his time about going hunting in South Africa. I have a hunt booked for July and I am going come heck or high water. However, I do pray for my friends and people I have met in that country! I want them to be safe and happy. Not any different than what we might hope for our friends where we live.

I was talking with a South African from Cape Town yesterday. I asked about the situation and Gordon’s reply was that any land that was to be given away it would be land that is not owned by anyone.
He also said that the new president was a game rancher. I said that many hunters would probably go to Namibia or some other country because of the unsettled situation. Gordon’s response was as above but I remain disinterested but certainly not uninterested regarding the situation.
Maybe it’s just Sabre rattling but I assume we will find out soon. The problem for us oz is that we would transit through Johannesburg or travel all over the world to by-pass jo’burg.

Herewith a statement for your info . We hope this will help with questions you might have ! Again it is business as usual , no landgrabs or invasions. If anybody has any questions please feel free to reach ou to us !

Attachments

• PHASA STATEMENT – Expropriation of Land in South Africa-1.pdf
    241.6 KB · Views: 97
Welcome aboard. I think this expropriation thing has been "over-hyped." Most of the "locals" that have posted here are less concerned than we are. I'm going in July with 7 other folks and expect to have another memorable hunt.

Welcome to AH! I would not be concerned about it for the time being.

Welcome to AH! Enjoy the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheliaBelc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross