Greetings from cold

Vashper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
All-army military hunting society, Russian Union of hunters and fishermen.
Hunted
Only Russia
Outside the window frost and snow. I live in Russia, in Moscow. I've been hunting for about 40 years, mostly shotgun, 308, and 9.3x64 (quite popular caliber). In search of information about the reload of this caliber, I got to this site a few years ago, and I liked it.
I worked as an editor of some small magazines, as a journalist, wrote articles, in particular about hunting dogs, weapons and hunting optics, now retired.
I hope to visit Africa, but so far mostly wild boars and moose. I haven't sons, alas - so all hope for grandchildren.
I will be glad to give any information.

Welcome to AH. Share some of your hunting stories with us. I for one would like to learn about hunting in your part of the world.

Welcome to AH Vashper!

Welcome Vashper to AH! I didn’t make it to Africa until long after I retired either. But, I’m trying to make up for it now.
Share some of your hunting stories with us. I for one would like to learn about hunting in your part of the world.
+1 I too would like to read some of your hunting stories!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to our place Vashper. Enjoy seeing the members from so many different countries share their stories

Welcome to AH Vashper! Looking forward to having you on the site.

Welcome aboard Vashper. There are a number of 9.3x 64 gun owners that gladly provide you with their loading information. What bullets and powders are normally available to you? What size wild boar have you taken? Did you use dogs?

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Glad you are Vashper.
I really want to know more about hunting in Russia. Not just now but historically. If you stick around expect to hear from me often.

I have not yet figured out where to put hunting stories, if they are not illustrated with pictures of world-class hunting trophies. I don’t have them :) Moscow has its own Safari Club, there are serious guys, they shoot white rhinos, etc., but I'm not a member, alas. But I can write about our usual hunt. About the boar hunt too. Unfortunately, this hunt was almost absent for several years due to African swine fever. Now livestock is restored, but we have to shoot more Piglets and Peppas, than Pumbas.
Shootist43, I don't have much to brag about, and the biggest boar I ever shot was on my first boar hunt, almost 40 years ago. It happens. The hunters line was along the road, cleared in the snow, which was above the knee. I had a disadvantageous place: open field, gently sloping down to the Creek. Across the Creek was a forest, on which beaters were. Over the forest the Raven circled and cawed, it is a good sign. And suddenly I saw a boar. Huge, black, he raced as a torpedo boat, on either side of him had waves of snow. As he approached, I fired my double-barrel turbine bullets, and my neighbor on the left started firing his five-shot, (gun like Browning-Auto-5). The boar seemed not to notice it. I did not have time to recharge, and the boar jumped on the road to my left, and finally fell and began to roll. Then we found 4 hits in his chest. I only got hit once and out of place so it was my neighbor's trophy. It was not weighed, but estimated it was more than 200 kg.

Welcome from Minnesota USA

Welcome to AH, Vashper!

Outside the window frost and snow. I live in Russia, in Moscow. I've been hunting for about 40 years, mostly shotgun, 308, and 9.3x64 (quite popular caliber). In search of information about the reload of this caliber, I got to this site a few years ago, and I liked it.
I worked as an editor of some small magazines, as a journalist, wrote articles, in particular about hunting dogs, weapons and hunting optics, now retired.
I hope to visit Africa, but so far mostly wild boars and moose. I haven't sons, alas - so all hope for grandchildren.
I will be glad to give any information.
Welcome to the forum Vashper. When you decide to visit Africa, do consider coming to Namibia

Welcome to our forum Vashper. Glad to have you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross