Greetings from Bangladesh

Miran

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA
Hi guys. I've been a member of this forum since 2008 but have selfishly only used it when planning my own hunts. I'm sorry and I will try to share what little knowledge that I have.

I may be of special help to totally clueless people who want to get into hunting and ask the stupidest questions. All hunts were with my father.

2008. Plains game at a reserve near Bloemfontein. I booked through Pierre Vorster who was then with Swanepoel & Scandrol. Ph was Derick Furstenberg. The bag was Zebra, Eland, Blue Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Gemsbok x2, Belsbok and Springbok.
This was the first time I hunted in my life, apart from shooting crows with a bb gun.

2010. Klasseri hunting reserve near Kruger. Booked through Pierre Vorster and ph was Derick Furstenberg again. The bag was a Buffalo and Elephant. Pierre did not come through with what was on our Safari Agreement and I'll never hunt with him again.

2012. NG 41 in Botswana with Johan Calitz. Ph's Terry Palmer and Joekie du Toit. Bag: 2 elephants, 60lbs and 70 lbs. Best experience of my life.
I used a .500 double barrel rifle and my father a .475 bolt action. I got a brain shot at 30 yds and took him down with one shot.
Afterwards we went to game farm and shot: Kudu x2, Eland, Gemsbok, Ostrich, Duiker, Steenbuck, Blue Wildebeest, Springbok and a Red Wildebeest.

2014. Maybe Mozambique for Leopard with dogs or Namibia for another elephant.

Miran, thanks for the synopsis.

Look forward to the details of all these reports along with pictures.

The bad one to. Perhaps folks can do some learning from your story.

Welcome to AH, congrats on that elephant.

Welcome to AH,I have hunted with folks from your neighbouring India,lion and buffalo_One of the most pleasant hunts I ever had.Looking forward to your input.

Welcome to AH Miran! Glad to see that you have been busy hunting Africa! Please share some pictures of your hunting safaris with all of us...

miran ,welcome and enjoy the site .
you certainly are a quiet achiever , mate .
flying under the radar, for so long .
would love to hear all about your adventures ,and view your photos .
:welcome:

Welcome to AH Miran! We would love to hear the rest of the story we love details and lots of pics.

Thanks for the post.

If you could share some photos and more details it would be appreciated. The opportunity to hunt NG41 the year before it closed is pretty special.

Welcome to AH, Miran !

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi Miran.

I was in Bangladesh a few years ago, if I remember correctly - I spent two nights in new Dhaka. You did some amazing hunts, we would love to see photos of the elephants!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois