dsmerrills

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Greetings everyone,

Just want to do the right thing and introduce myself, my name is Darren Merrills, I'm an attorney from Johannesburg South Africa. I grew up on a game farm my entire life and return most weekends if possible. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to our future discussions.

Welcome to AH Darren! Looking forward to having you with us...

Welcome to AH, Darren !

Welcome aboard Darren. Nice to have input from someone that has lived on a game farm.

gday Darren
welcome and enjoy the site

Welcome to AH Darren! Glad you joined us enjoy the site.

Welcome Darren! Please tell us a bit more about where in RSA you grew up.

Most weekends back to the farm must mean you get to hunt a bit.

Look forward to your input.

Welcome to AH.

Thanks for all the great welcome guys. To answer Brickburn and Phoenix questions, I grew up on a game farm in an area just past Zeerust towards Madikwe about 60km from the Kopfontein border post into Botswana.

I don't hunt every weekend if I get a chance to go back to the farm as I try to only hunt as and when my biltong and meat supply is running low and to me I don't see shooting every animal I see ethical just because I can, but if something I see appeals to me then I may pull out the rifle and have a bit of a hunt.

I look forward to chatting to you guys, and is any of you are in RSA give me a shout, it would be great to go to the range and let off a few rounds and have a braai and to guns!

Welcome Darren!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.